Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It must be that? Or could you have failed to be convincing in your argument? I am for the latter. Because you WANT to believe really badly that you have the right of it. I have no dog in the fight. But the trught is, your own examples prove my point. You would never ever see
And let's be honest here. I've been cooped up in a hotel for two days. The only place I discuss the merits of PUA and the manosphere is here on CD. The other forums I follow are forums for that realm. IRL I just live it. If I can't convince a married older woman who's been out of the game for years that parts of what I follow aren't that bad, I'm gonna live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
And let's be honest here. I've been cooped up in a hotel for two days. The only place I discuss the merits of PUA and the manosphere is here on CD. The other forums I follow are forums for that realm. IRL I just live it. If I can't convince a married older woman who's been out of the game for years that parts of what I follow aren't that bad, I'm gonna live.
In both your most recent posts, it is quite clear that you have No Idea what I am saying. I don't think you care. But if you do, it is there. Rereading might clue you in.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I think you should go back and read the thread again.
I think you should not be so bothered there are men out there no longer being trampled by their wives and they have game to thank for it

Old 10-11-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
In both your most recent posts, it is quite clear that you have No Idea what I am saying. I don't think you care. But if you do, it is there. Rereading might clue you in.
Lady, you've passive aggressively said I probably behave like a jerk / douche, that I can't separate the difference between the good and poor advice of game, that I think yelling at an SO is ok, and that I won't find a good woman because I subscribe to what you believe is misogynist material. I've tried telling you otherwise about my beliefs, but you're too thick.

No, I don't really care and I'm kinda bored of trying to justify anything at this point. Have your victory.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Hey, Caddy, I am glad you have found useful stuff in PUA.

What do you see as the useful parts and the detrimental parts?

Also, you hurt my feelings when I quoted the author and you, assuming the words were mine and not his, called his point of view 'that ultra fem high horse.' I don't really agree with you that heartiste is an ultra feminist .

Old 10-11-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

Also, you hurt my feelings when I quoted the author and you, assuming the words were mine and not his, called his point of view 'that ultra fem high horse.' I don't really agree with you that heartiste is an ultra feminist .
You said that she should leave her husband because he yelled at her once in 10 years of marriage. That is obnoxious and an extreme feminist view.

I've spelled it out a number of times and you even quoted me in the OP as for what I think is beneficial. Confidence building, non neediness, viewing women as normal humans, not some princess that has granted you the right to kiss her feet (you'd be surprised how many guys, as evidenced here on CD, would likely treat a woman this way if they finally found one), being decisive and so on. As the guy in the cited example did, he changed his behavior and it became part of who he was. Not a false bravado.

As for the detrimental, I think certain aspects of PUA encourage a level of game playing and fakeness. The mystery method comes to mind with canned sets you use on every girl you meet. I think negging is misunderstood even within that realm, but to lower a girls self esteem so she tries to gain your approval and eventually sleep with you is underhanded.

Some of the stuff I agree with you probably wouldn't such as freeze outs and other "tactics" to deal with bad behavior that both sexes use while dating, but overall I stick with the underlying message of being a man and not letting women walk all over you because they have vaginas and men really like vaginas.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Thanks for your post, Caddy.

I am surprised at what you (and the guy in the article) say about men worshipping women. I have not seen this IRL. But I believe you! I just think it's a demographic I have not encountered. So I am probably insensitive to the need to discourage it.

What do you think of the idea of a married couple where both parties use PUA techniques? Or maybe only the best parts .

Old 10-11-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:

Another thing that I agree with, for the most part, in the manosphere is the theory on rationalization with women. I'm sure this is something you will not agree with. I can already see you saying "how can men tell you what women want, they're not women etc etc etc."

A lot of the material teaches what women find attractive in men. It dives deep into why women are always attracted to badboys, jerks, and aholes. It dives deeper into why it's plain as day that women always say that want X, but somehow are often found with Y. And the rationalizations will begin as to why she is with Y, not X. A lot of the stuff women will flat out deny turns them on. A great example is your twisting of the guy yelling at his wife for the first time in their marriage. You turned into the scared little victim is just trying to appease the monster with sex. I see a wife realizing she pushed her man too far and gained some respect back that she took from him a long time ago. He used to apologize and beg in that situation. We're not going to agree here and do not take that as I think it's OK to swear and yell at your SO.

I've seen in PUA material and non PUA male advice material alike that the worst possilbe dating advice men can get is from women. I agree whole heardetly.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Lady, you've passive aggressively said I probably behave like a jerk / douche, that I can't separate the difference between the good and poor advice of game, that I think yelling at an SO is ok, and that I won't find a good woman because I subscribe to what you believe is misogynist material. I've tried telling you otherwise about my beliefs, but you're too thick.

No, I don't really care and I'm kinda bored of trying to justify anything at this point. Have your victory.

I am very sorry that you feel the need to justify yourself to me. I am sorry that you think I said you were a db. I am sorry that you pretty much completely misread everything I said. I am sorry that you feel the need to resort to ad homs because your feelings are hurt.

The truth of the matter is that you simply have not read what I have written or cannot understand it.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your post, Caddy.

I am surprised at what you (and the guy in the article) say about men worshipping women. I have not seen this IRL. But I believe you! I just think it's a demographic I have not encountered. So I am probably insensitive to the need to discourage it.

What do you think of the idea of a married couple where both parties use PUA techniques? Or maybe only the best parts .
You're kidding right? I've seen it in my group of friends personally and see examples everywhere. It's an exaggeration when I say kiss her feet, but there are one too many men out there just so happy a woman is giving him regular sex that he turns into a needy pile of herbling that she can easily manipulate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships