Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
However, there is a societal stigma against these older guys dating women in that age group when in reality the two groups are made for each other, at least in this guys opinion.

what are your thoughts on this kind of relationship?
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 06:02 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Quote:
so, to my point about this "I just want someone to take care of me" thread. what is your opinion on these younger women being open to dating an older guy because she just wants some relief from her challenges to finish school (paying tuition, books, etc.), wants to have a good social life stress free of expenses, and wants her rent and housing expenses taken care of. and assume that the guy is relatively fit, descent looking, and both know that this relationship is transitional, not going to end up in a marriage, and are comfortable with that set up. and, yes, there is an emotional connection involved, could be friendship (fwb), could be casual dating/intimacy, could be bf-gf, even if discrete. and who know, maybe it could develop into a marriage, but that's later.
This is fairly common in Europe I think.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
"....what is your opinion on these younger women being open to dating an older guy because she just wants some relief from her challenges to finish school (paying tuition, books, etc.), wants to have a good social life stress free of expenses, and wants her rent and housing expenses taken care of. ...." "....like i said, it is just transitional and helps them through college and/or to career stability. ...."

These girls should live home with mommy and daddy until they're able to be on their own and live like big girls. They can date older guys for other reasons.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:17 PM

628 posts, read 1,388,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
"....what is your opinion on these younger women being open to dating an older guy because she just wants some relief from her challenges to finish school (paying tuition, books, etc.), wants to have a good social life stress free of expenses, and wants her rent and housing expenses taken care of. ...." "....like i said, it is just transitional and helps them through college and/or to career stability. ...."

These girls should live home with mommy and daddy until they're able to be on their own and live like big girls. They can date older guys for other reasons.
Those "big girls" are called "Women".~ Please avoid using sexist language.~

Old 10-11-2013, 06:52 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Those "big girls" are called "Women".~ Please avoid using sexist language.~
They're not women, if they can't take care of themselves. It wasn't sexist language.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:16 PM

628 posts, read 1,388,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
They're not women, if they can't take care of themselves. It wasn't sexist language.
I meant the "big girls" part, I agree with the mentality that those unwilling to take care of themselves be considered children.~

Once they grow up, take care of themselves, and become "big" they no longer are "girls", but "women".~

Old 10-11-2013, 07:19 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times
That is why i am going back to college . I want a career not a job and want to do something i am passionate about. Second $19 an hour will not feed a family . Seeing that i want a gf/wife kids house I have to step my game up .

I got no problem taking care of my GF/ wife but she was to have job and chip in as well. I cant do every thing .

I want to be able to be involved in my kids life and attend every game/after school activity my kids do. I want to spend time with my kids and be the best dad I can be.

All that can not happen if i do not get college done and work retail until i am 80/85 years old .

Woman want a guy that provide for them but understand he cant do it all.

I can not picture a girl dating me seriously seeing that a have a dead end job . Yea i girl might date me but I want a long term relationship.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
I think it's fine.

I think prostitution should be legal, and sex workers should have all the protections that other workers do.

One thing to be aware of, though, is that if you meet a woman IRL and she says she wants a man to 'take care of her', she probably does not mean money. She means she wants the emotional support that is traditionally one-sided in relationships -- what women give men.

But if you met these girls online then, yes, I'm sure you're right that they mean paying for sex and the whole GFE.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 PM

408 posts, read 393,274 times
I'm a married man, early 50s, very well educated and financially secure. And even if I were single and able to go looking for women in that age group, I doubt I would.

Well, at least not for anything permanent.

When having a conversation with a woman (especially when there's a possibility of some kind of romantic involvement), I don't want to be the one doing all the talking. Sure, I've had an interesting life so far, done a lot of things, been a lot of places, seen a lot of stuff -- but I can't see a making a lasting connection with someone who can't hold up their side of a conversation like that, and for the most part, women at that age generally won't be able to (not being sexist here; most young men wouldn't be able to, either).

Another way in which such a relationship wouldn't be fulfilling to me, IMO, is in the 'take care of me' department. Let's say a 45yo man takes up with an 18yo woman; the extremes of your stated age ranges. Five years later, Miss Student has graduated and is out of the picture, while Mr. Daddy is 50 and starting the long road downhill in terms of his health. Instead of funding Miss Student's education, he could have instead been building something lasting with a woman closer to his own age who would stick around into his retirement years.

My wife's eight years younger than me, but she's been a HUGE help in my career and I doubt I'd be where I am without her. But there's another critical thing that young women looking for someone to take care of them will miss -- and that's the possibility that their sugar daddies will eventually need someone to look after THEM. I know this from experience, as I developed a serious (and especially gross) autoimmune disease several years ago. Had I had a teenaged or twentyish squeeze at the time, I have no doubt I'd have been ditched in short order. But my wife has stuck by me, has been amazingly supportive and has taken care of *me.*

Now, I'm not saying that a spouse will automatically stick with you when your health goes to crap, but I *am* saying that a younger woman who's only looking to a man like me for 'take care of me' purposes isn't going to stick around if her sugar daddy gets sick, poor or arrested.

If you think a way younger woman's the way to go and you want a tuition-for-nooky arrangement, by all means go for it. Just remember that one of you's eventually going to get dumped (kind of in the same way that some Buddhist traditions point out that birth is a death sentence) and one of you's going to have to *do* the dumping. For my part, the choice to marry a woman closer to my age and interests has been a much better decision.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
Why would I be ok with a woman who's only with me because of financial/economic security but not actually physically attracted to me. I can't Cosign that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships