Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:00 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times

Advertisements

Tele-Cat, I think it would have been better to use a subject heading that would have got more attention, like 'Single mothers...........would you choose your current BF or your kids?"

I think it would have got a lot more responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
I've asked this question a bunch with no answers so I thought, at the suggestion of Stockyman, to make it a thread.

If you were involved with a childless/childfree person, and your kids didn't like the CF person who was your S/O, bf or whatever, would you side with your kids and dump the person even if the S/O or bf/gf was good to you and was not in any way hostile to your kids? Or would you take the side of your S/o bf/gf and tell the kids to get used to it, this is how it is and they can accept it or get lost?

Looking forward to your replies.

Edit: ADULT kids, not juveniles.
Adult kids as in living on their own in their own houses and all that?

I don't see why adult children should have all that much to say about who a parent dates --- same way parents wouldn't have all that much to say about who an adult child dates.

But if the children are still living in the parent's home, and the parent is bringing someone around that the kids don't like, it might be time for the kids to consider growing up and moving out.

Or --- another question. Who would want to date someone who has his or her adult children still living at home and dependent on the parent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships