Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Yo... do me up... I want a sugar momma.

Maybe for a month or so... I gotta have me own cashola.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 03:13 AM

408 posts, read 393,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
"I want a woman who will take care of me as I age ( cooking, cleaning, medical care). Although I heard the later more so for single ladies over 55.
If you visit retirement homes (e.g. you have a family member in one), talk to some of the residents. The single ladies will tell you that all men want at that age is a "nurse with a purse." And there you have it.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:19 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I think if I had walking pneumonia and had to stay in bed for a week I do not think it too much to ask a girl to take care of me .

I have a pneumonia twice and told by the doctor to stay in bed for a week . I had it bad the last time I could not walk or stand up with out falling down.
A week of taking care of someone who is ill is quite a bit different than taking care of someone 24/7 that sits on the couch with no good reason besides having a piano tied to his butt. (IMO)

I work so I can live and play ..I've had my share of donkeys that do nothing but keep the couch and tv company...

Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yo... do me up... I want a sugar momma.

Maybe for a month or so... I gotta have me own cashola.......
It would sure be nice to have a sugar daddy for a bit too...

Old 10-12-2013, 05:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
I question the use of the term "men" for males of this type.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 AM

31 posts, read 40,835 times
It makes me sick to think there are men out there that find this acceptable, I grew in a house with no father and 3 sisters. there are many ways to support eachother, my mother was everything and never went to college, I have been working with the US government for 4 years. Men like that are over grown boys... grow up

Old 10-12-2013, 06:19 AM

348 posts, read 498,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
heck yeah its different, and im surprised you present this argument, even though i'm sure you wanted to present a contrary or more equal position than the thread i posted. and here's the difference: you have essentially stated the case that a woman provides companionship, household, home care, a birthing services in exchange for what the man brings to the table, or as some would say "brings home the beacon".

no one doubts the significant contributions women make to maintaining a household, raising a family, and spousal relationship. the question you fail to reveal is that whether this is an acceptable quid-pro-quo for a marriage, which apparently you do. as do many others.

also, check out this online sermon for an interesting aspect to this question: "If a wife doesn't have to work outside the home, then she should earn her keep."

The Proverbs 31 Woman
It was just a question, that's all. Please do not let it indicate my views on the situation. I was just starting a thread for an interesting topic.

For the bold part. Yes, there are plenty of men that doubt those contribution and place absolutely NO merit on them. I've experienced it first hand.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 AM

There are men out there that hate women but aren't gay. However they'll marry to have a woman to have someone to care for the house, pop out kids and still work 40+ hours a week, but treat them like garbage. That is an example of how a man will "use" a woman.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:30 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
I'm not talking financial or sexually necessarily. I know I've heard " I want a nice girl who's not a bi*ch and will lift my spirits" or "I want a woman who will take care of me as I age ( cooking, cleaning, medical care). Although I heard the later more so for single ladies over 55.

Would you say that men want to find a " little woman" who will cook, clean and pop out babies?
Is that different from a woman who "wants a man to take care of her?"
Sure. I do.

I travel for work and my gf comes with me. We typically move 2-3x a year so its not always practical for her to work. Depends where we are. Last 2 locations she worked. Current one I'm at she does not. We're too far from everything. Plus, when she works, I make like 10x what she does so it's not overly practical. She is debt free and low maintenance which helps. We're on vacation right now and I would never complain about paying for her flight and all the expenses to come.

During the week I worj 40-50 hrs. While I'm at work she cooks dinner every night. A big good homemade meal. 3lbs of meat and we split it for lunch the next day as well. She makes breakfast while I get ready for work and packs my lunch. While I'm gone she cleans, reads, grocery shops, laundry, takes the vehicles in for oil changes and such, trips to post office, etc.

Why would I do that stuff when she can get it all done while I'm at work and have PLENTY of time left over to do what she wants. That way, on our weekends we can spend our time going to beaches, pools, date nights, movies, motorcycle rides, etc.

We are both happy with our situation. She does get a bit bored and often offers to go work but I make more than enough and with our location its not convenient.

I know this isn't for everyone and I've been bashed plenty on the board for it. Doesn't matter to me. We are great together. I make a lot of money so that's never an issue.

I will stop traveling in around 5 or 6 years when I'm debt free and have a few hundred thousand saved to put down on a house. At that time she will either go to school or I will buy some rental properties and she will manage those. It's her decision and there's time to decide. She's been reading real estate investment books lately (I've already read a ton) so just letting her look more into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by houstan-dan; 10-12-2013 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Sure. I do.

I travel for work and my gf comes with me. We typically move 2-3x a year so its not always practical for her to work. Depends where we are. Last 2 locations she worked. Current one I'm at she does not. We're too far from everything. Plus, when she works, I make like 10x what she does so it's not overly practical. She is debt free and low maintenance which helps. We're on vacation right now and I would never complain about paying for her flight and all the expenses to come.

During the week I worj 40-50 hrs. While I'm at work she cooks dinner every night. A big gokd homemade meal. 3lbs of meat and we split it for lunch the next day as well. She makes breakfast whike I get ready for work and packs my lunch. While I'm gone she cleans, reads, grocery shops, laundry, takes the vehicles in for oil changes and such, trips to post office, etc.

Why would I do that stuff when she can get it all done while I'm at work and have PLENTY of time left over to do what she wants. That way, on our weekends we can spend our time going to beaches, pools, date nights, movies, motorcycle rides, etc.

We are both happy with our situation. She does get a bit bored and ofte. Offers to go work but I make more than enough and with our location its not convenient.

I know this isn't for everyone and I've been bashed plenty on the board for it. Doesn't matter to me. We are great together. I make a lot of money so that's never an issue.

I will stop traveling in around 5 or 6 years when I'm debt free and have a few hundred thousand saved to put down on a house. At that time she will either go to school or I will buy some rental properties and she will manage those. It's her decision and there's time to decide. She's been reading real estate investment books lately (I've already read a ton) so just letting her look more into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
You obviously care about her, respect and value her. It's appears a mutual agreement. I don't feel there's anything wrong with that.

I've seen so many threads here about women using men for $$ (aka gold digging) when men just as easily use women, if not financially but in the form of gender roles and so forth.

If there's a mutual respect and understanding between the two, I don't see either of them "using" each other for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships