Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 PM

231 posts, read 294,470 times

Advertisements

I'm 23 and I decided to create a profile on OKC. Short story short I decided to scout my competition and it was pretty encouraging. I feel like 70% these guys have no clue; staring angrily into the camera, way too much eye contact in general, dumb hats, taking selflies in the mirror, playing the nice guy card, using "lol", playing the "i'm new to online dating" card, being a sissy about writing a summary; "Well I don't normally talk about myself but here it goes"... It's a train wreck.

am I wrong?

Women who have used online dating, has this been your experience? Do most of the guys you receive messages from give off a 'clueless' vibe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 PM

709 posts, read 1,129,921 times
With online dating.. women only care about looks.

Any handsome guy can get dates no matter what his profile says. Experiments have been done that PROVE this.

Guys who think women actually read profiles are the clueless ones.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:24 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
With online dating.. women only care about looks.

Any handsome guy can get dates no matter what his profile says. Experiments have been done that PROVE this.

Guys who think women actually read profiles are the clueless ones.
Experiments? Did you make a fake profile?

Don't listen to that nonsense, OP. Women DO read the profiles.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post

I realize that looks are always #1, but you still have to check and make sure your not about to dive into a psycho.

Even if I find a girl extremely attractive, i'll still scan her writing for deal breakers. I'd be shocked if 95% of women didn't do the same. Nonsense, i'd have to agree.

Last edited by andrewC7; 10-11-2013 at 11:50 PM..

Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
No normal well adjusted person needs a dating site. Especially in the 20s to 30s range.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Not all are dumb. You have to becareful with online dating. Many games men and women play. And yes Neemy and Op many have multiple accounts to check if you and your stories add up.
Online is a lot of lies to sort through.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:43 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
No normal well adjusted person needs a dating site......
...if they want to decrease the probability of meeting someone AND they aren't interested in an efficient way to glean potential dates' details such as occupation, interests, education levels, and philosophies especially if they work in a gender dominated workplace (like engineering or school teaching) where connecting with potential dates is quite a challenge.

Sure, you can just wing it and start with looks alone. Personally, I'd rather have a few clues about someone first. Good looking women are a dime a dozen. I'll take a 6 or 7 with good personality matchup, good background, etc than a 9 or 10 with a lot of baggage or divergent interests.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:35 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
It's been my experience , from the several dating sites that women don't pay attention to what is said, and I have even met people that though I was some one else they had been looking at .
Even face to face , you can be talking to some one and they are agreeing with you, but haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.
Or woman are so self involved they have 0 interest in the world around them, and agree with the party at hand with out even knowing what it stands for.
One out of fifty ,may be are actually awake.
Hence most don't read or have good comprehension ,so the visual is all they seem to go by.
I could submit a picture looking like Brad Pit and a description of a homeless man and get tons of response.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
No normal well adjusted person needs a dating site. Especially in the 20s to 30s range.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4
Normal and well adjusted is seemingly few and far between..in reality is anybody actually really ever "normal and adjusted"?

And no one really needs online dating...but it's fun and might increase some people's chances to get laid and/or find a significant other.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:05 AM

709 posts, read 1,129,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Experiments? Did you make a fake profile?

Sure.. they read the profile if they like your picture. Otherwise they don't bother. Especially if the guy is the wrong race, bald, fat, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships