Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:00 AM

878 posts, read 942,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
I don't think that's true. She may be wondering why he hasn't fallen in love with her yet, and wants some distance to repair her sense of self.
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejannish View Post
well, i guess you guys were right about another guy

last night at work, she says she is getting off early at 6. An hour later, she says it got real busy and doesnt call me till 10.

A mutual friend of ours said that she got picked up by a co-worker at like 7.

I know the co-worker she works with.

The whole time, she told me that she was working/closing the restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Should i take this literally or is this just an angelic way of the "break" talk.
I would take her at face value until -- and if -- she proves otherwise. It sounds like she realized she (and you) were moving way too fast, which is what she said.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM

878 posts, read 942,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I would take her at face value until -- and if -- she proves otherwise. It sounds like she realized she (and you) were moving way too fast, which is what she said.
The gal in question has another guy. OP confirmed.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 852 times
She has a lot of ties with her ex lover. Phone plan,keys to his house,her own bedroom,does his laundry,has dinner dates with him,uses his vehicles,showers in his master bathroom,runs errands for him,he gives her money,has his credit card,text and talks frequently when i'm not around. She has her own place. She says she loves me and now wants to slow things down. Am i being used and lied to when she says he is just a good friend. She also says she still loves him and has feelings for him. Am i a fool to stay with her?

Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 AM

971 posts, read 688,648 times
When things are going well and she is spending the night on a regular basis and all of a sudden she comes up with the old "I need a break" idea, you have right to be concerned. What this means is "I met someone else and want to see if I like him more than you, but I want you to be there if it doesn't work out" kinda deal.

If it were me, I would tell her you thought about it and if that is what she wants, you are good with it. Even if you're not, she is going to do it anyway, so make her think you are on board with the decision. Tell her "just give me a call when you want to see me" and end the day/night like you normally would. Then, as hard as it will be DON'T contact her till she contacts you. If days go by, drop her a hey...how ya doing text and see what you get back.

My guess is if you don't persue her, you won't hear a word from her until she calls to tell you she has decided to see someone else. Whatever you do don't be shocked if this happens. You have already seen it coming.

There are those (mostly women) that won't agree with me on this, but I have been on the receiving end of this deal before. Best thing you can do is prepare yourself for the fact it is probably over and that way if it is, you won't be as hurt. If by some miracle it is not, then you will be pleasantly surprised. Either way, the goal is not to get hurt.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbra12 View Post
She has a lot of ties with her ex lover. Phone plan,keys to his house,her own bedroom,does his laundry,has dinner dates with him,uses his vehicles,showers in his master bathroom,runs errands for him,he gives her money,has his credit card,text and talks frequently when i'm not around. She has her own place. She says she loves me and now wants to slow things down. Am i being used and lied to when she says he is just a good friend. She also says she still loves him and has feelings for him. Am i a fool to stay with her?

yes

Old 09-23-2015, 08:42 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbra12 View Post
absolutely.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:02 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
Not really.

Just a few things like having a ton of guy friends/being flirty with guys/lying about small things to people other than me. I'm sure if she lies to other people, she wont hesitate to lie to me.

Just a couple of events that has happened the past month that is just making my gut feel weird.
Not good. A girl who is really into you for the long haul doesn't flirt with other guys and if she lies to others, she will lie to you as well.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
She says that when we are together all the time, it doesn't give her the chance to see why she likesme.

By cutting down the frequency of seeing each Other, it'll let her see if she really likes me for who I am based on how much she'll miss me.
That's pretty messed up. Seeing if you like someone by not seeing them.

What was her 4 year relationship like?

Old 09-23-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

I do think she is questioning the relationship and her feelings, and that's okay. It's only four months along. There are no rings on anyone's fingers, no leases signed. It's better that she do this now than a year from now. Maybe she will come to the conclusion that although she likes him, this was more of a flash-in-the-pan hot romance, or maybe she will discover that she has true and deep feelings for the OP. Either way, she deserves to have the space in which to breathe, without people assuming she's cheating on him or doesn't care about him at all.
Yes, and he deserves to start the moving on process until she makes up her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships