Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:58 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A woman's child should be her #1 priority and a guy that can't understand this should not be anywhere near a single mom.

Single mom's can get dates because it's honestly not a big deal. Most are not looking for a caregiver and free paycheck.

A person's job will come before their S.O, they aren't going to skip work because their SO wants to have lunch just like a single mom isn't going to neglect her child because some clingy boyfriend wants more time.
Sure it can be but it would interfere from her dating life though. Lot of guys don't want that, no drama and no baggage.

Why don't the single father take responsibility?

Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
There's such a thing called "balance"
Someone with kids can have a social life, a family life and a professional life.
Why is this concept so hard to understand?
So why are these single mom's work a low wage job?

They are also in Welfare and Food Stamps.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
lol seriously? This is a really stupid thread.

I know a few single mothers who have used online dating and have had good results in finding dates and creating relationships with some of the men they dated. i don't know that many single mothers IRL BTW.

I think the men on this forum who consistently say that single mothers are only looking for a man because they provide a paycheck have no idea what they are talking about because most are still looking for a connection, the only thing they may be looking for is a man who might be a decent role model for there kids, not a man who's looking to smoke dope, come home drunk and smelling of weed.

Hell, even the single mother of 4 kids I know found someone and is settling down with him, and the guy doesn't do anything to help raise those kids that isn't his choice to do.
So where is the real father?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:01 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Well if i was a single dad with no baby momma in the equation my child would be #1.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes you figured us out. We have a child so now our life is over. No more men in our life. And only concentrate on the kid. And when the child is older and hanging with friends we should only paint murals of the child. Then the child goes to college and becomes a adult. I should sit in my rocking chair and knit a blanket.

We are human.We need love and interaction from another human being.Doing grown up hobbies, outings, conversations.

I'm really trying to understand the level of assumptions that many assume. The real world isn't like this. Shun the single mom's!!!
I would not say the life is over though but it sure puts a barrier in the dating scene.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:14 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
If you don't like single mothers why make a thread about them? Go beat up on some guys or something.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:19 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
I can't believe I actually agree with something OP says.

I personally do not feel single parents should date, if their kids are younger than, say 12-13.

Up till then they are very attached to you and any attempt to bring in another party is almost doomed to failure.

Once the kids get their own social lives they stop giving a fig about what you're doing - date away.

I was a single mother for 10 years. Kids are grown and gone and I'm still single - by choice.

I'm amazed these mothers can even be bothered with another guy after what they've been through (divorce, desertion) but some women are needy like that or maybe just slow learners.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Well, people would also like to sterilize or otherwise limit reproduction of certain groups of people too but we just can't limit people's freedoms like that. At least not in the US. But we can have an opinion on what we think others should do with their lives.

Last edited by srjth; 10-14-2013 at 12:33 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I can't believe I actually agree with something OP says.

I personally do not feel single parents should date, if their kids are younger than, say 12-13.

Up till then they are very attached to you and any attempt to bring in another party is almost doomed to failure.

Once the kids get their own social lives they stop giving a fig about what you're doing - date away.

I was a single mother for 10 years. Kids are grown and gone and I'm still single - by choice.

I'm amazed these mothers can even be bothered with another guy after what they've been through (divorce, desertion) but some women are needy like that or maybe just slow learners.
How come the father is not there?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Well, people would also like to sterilize or otherwise limit reproduction of certain groups of people too but we just can't limit people's freedoms like that. At least not in the US. But we can have an opinion on what we think others should do with their lives.
We would have less poverty issues if there was a cap on kids.

I think there should be a certain financial requirement to have a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships