Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Are you an adult women that has been in the situation I am advocating, Liberty?
What are you advocating? I was a dorky and studious teenager, and I definitely didn't blossom until my mid-20s. There were all kinds of guys I liked in high school who didn't return my feelings, yet what happened in high school means absolutely nothing to me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What are you advocating? I was a dorky and studious teenager, and I definitely didn't blossom until my mid-20s. There were all kinds of guys I liked in high school who didn't return my feelings, yet what happened in high school means absolutely nothing to me now.
I'm advocating using pretty divorced women who didn't pay attention to the dorky, studious kids and now realize the error of their ways.

I am glad you have also blossomed though.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:56 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I would probably answer this differently depending on my own age.

Being in my mid 30's, I would today likely tell you that I find more beauty in women who are probably mid 20's and up with more mature features. Which is not what I would have told you in my mid 20's. Very young adults look more like kids to me every day.

Yes, maybe I am just getting old!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
I'm advocating using pretty divorced women who didn't pay attention to the dorky, studious kids and now realize the error of their ways.

I think you are flat-out wrong. You're still making assumptions "now realize the error of their ways". I don't know anyone who still clings to who they were in high school and their perceptions of how they were treated. I think it's terrible that you justify using women because they "probably" treated teenage boys the same way you feel you were treated.

Being a teenager is a tough time in life, trying to navigate the world with your changing body, hormones, and kids can be cruel. But adults grow past that as they age and mature. Why haven't you?

It amazes me that you think that treating women poorly, women you don't know, makes up for girls you liked in high school who didn't give you the time of day.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:44 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
I fit this model. I wasn't really paid attention to in my teens. I was a bit overweight and dorky. Now, I'm in decent shape and have "grown" into my weight, if you will. Also, I still have hair and nice skin, and a nice smile.

Now, I hold it against women for ignoring me and use them for what I need, while earning a decent living and staying single. Maybe I'll grow up in my 40s and settle down at that point.
I doubt it.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Now, I hold it against women for ignoring me and use them for what I need
[...]
because they are attractive and most likely treated all those dorky kids the same as me.
[...]
wtf. that's pretty twisted and bitter. it reads as if you think you're dispensing some sort of justice or whatever. why bother rationalizing it so? for all you know those divorcees were also lonely in high school

just accept you like banging broads without much regard for them and leave it at that. at least that would be honest

Old 10-23-2013, 12:01 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Many people look better as they get older, because as you get older, you figure out what type of person you are, what type of style you like, and you have complete control of your life, than when you did when you were younger. Think about it..in high school, your wore what your parents could afford, had to get braces, had no money in your pocket, and you were going through puberty. You had no idea what you wanted to do with your life, so add all that up, how many people are going to be attracted to you? You grow up, get a job, health insurance to get your teeth fixed, start working out, pick of a line of clothing you are comfortable with, you smile more, and BAM people like you, what a concept.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Straight forward question. I ask this because, growing up I was always called the "ugly boy" or the guy that girls didn't want to be around. In truth, I probably was not ugly, just "not that cute." This stigma persisted throughout my teenage years and well into my 20's. I would go to parties and other gatherings and of course always be ignored by the opposite sex when making a joke or having a polite conversation. Now into my late 20's, my so called "rejection rate" is quite low, and I have noticed women a lot more receptive to my advances and more often than not enjoying my company. Looking in the mirror, it is nice to know that I have aged gracefully and have gotten better looking as the years have gone by. Is there some kind of science behind this logic. I've often noticed that some of the guys who were often ignored throughout High School and College, tend to really make up for lost time in their late 20's and 30's.

Any thoughts?
If it can be explained, I can't explain it. Genetics are different for everyone, therefore people will age differently.

I share similar experiences with you. Except I know what happened. I barely look older than I did in high school. Most people still cap me at 18, even though I am 29. I can say that I have lost a little weight and my face has gotten tighter as a result. Now, I am finding it harder and harder to keep the ladies at bay. Hopefully I will get my issue together before I wind up in something.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:

No need to waste your life "seeking vengeance" on people who have wronged you so horribly by not paying you any mind.

It is better to focus on making a positive life for yourself as opposed to bringing others down for a wrong that they probably didn't intend to commit. Life is too short for that. Focus more on the people who appreciate you for who you are, you'll probably be even happier in the end.

That said, it sure felt good to see the look on Jennifer's face when I popped up all GQ.

"HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!!!"

But we good friends though.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:21 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
Women do NOT look better with age. It's men's time to get revenge. When women are young and pretty, they are coddled, spoiled, catered to and so on, all based on their looks. They can leave a man in a heartbeat and get another. As they age, they loose this ability and men seem to gain it. The roles are reversed.

With that said, nature has another trick. Women, as they age, all of the sudden want sex and a heck of a lot of it. And us aging men can't keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships