Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:44 PM

487 posts, read 896,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Vancouver is a country?

WTF kind of University are you attending?

Christ on a cracker.
Oh soooo sorry, I misplaced a word.

Congratulations, you found a minor error in my writing.

Sorry charlie, you can't debunk my smartness on that.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Actually there is. It is a horrible way to go about living, very misguided. Not very mature at all.
And how, exactly? I disagree completely. If you don't know what you're looking for in a guy, chances are you'll end up with the wrong one. Gee, maybe that's part of the reason for so many divorces in the US -- people who think that way.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
And that is "ignorant" how exactly?

It's 1) experience, and 2) fact.

I repeat:

The report The Color of Crime (2005, second expanded edition) by the New Century Foundation states that there are several problems with the official crime statistics in the United States. These tend to cause underestimation of racial crime differences. One example being "Whites" sometimes including Hispanics. Another is not adjusting for that the different racial groups differ in population size. The report reviews the more accurate statistics that is available and describes many large differences in crime rates between races. The report also examines the research on possible bias against racial minorities in the justice system and the police and concludes that bias not a significant explanation for the different racial crime rates.[3]
It major findings were stated as:[3]
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Out of curiosity, I googled New Century Foundation. It's a white supremacist publishing house. I think you're going to have a very tough time matching yourself to an educated liberal man in a major city.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
So young, so idealistic. You are still a student not making a good income. Wait until you are making good amount of $$ and pay more in taxes to support the people who don't work as hard.

Right now you are still a student so a man like that isn't going to be interested in someone that doesn't support herself.
I repeat: I'm not actively looking for that men yet. I am thinking about a man for AFTER I graduate university in Canada, and AFTER I move back to the US with my degree.

I certainly don't expect the guy I described, especially one with his own career going, to be looking for a girl still in university and with no career-related work experience on her belt.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Out of curiosity, I googled New Century Foundation. It's a white supremacist publishing house. I think you're going to have a very tough time matching yourself to an educated liberal man in a major city.
"The New Century Foundation is a nonprofit organization created in 1994 in order to 'study immigration and race relations so as to better understand the consequences of America's increasing diversity.' "

Well I wasn't aware a self-pronounced white separatist headed it. Regardless of who funded it, if the statistical processes they used weren't biased and legit, the facts still stand. And out in the Black communities, hearing gunshots every night, it's not hard to believe.

I don't share the belief that white people should be separate from everyone else, but I'm not going to deny and overlook the fact that Black people are committing most of the crime, out of fear that I'll be racist--because it's not racism, but recognition of truth.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:06 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
The OP seems to have hijacked her own thread. I thought this was supposed to be about where she would have the best chance of finding a man, yet here she is promoting white supremest garbage....again.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
And how, exactly? I disagree completely. If you don't know what you're looking for in a guy, chances are you'll end up with the wrong one. Gee, maybe that's part of the reason for so many divorces in the US -- people who think that way.

Because you're in your early 20s and looking where you may locate based on where you may find a guy. You're not even done school. Never mind established in your career and capable and able to care for yourself, which is pretty much a prerequisite for attracting quality people. Where to move for men should be low on your list, especially when your criteria is so rigid that at best it will be less than 5% of any population out there.

Never mind that with all this racial stuff you're spouting you'll never find a guy of quality, vegetarian, sports disliking and metrosexual, or not, that would be willing to deal with that crap. The handful of men with the attributes you are looking for are spread out, and they are likely to be very liberal or progressive and that crud won't fly.

And if you think a shopping list of attributes is the way to find a mate and true love, you're are even more immature than I previously thought.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Closed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships