Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 AM

219 posts, read 566,495 times

Advertisements

She has never explicitly told me this, but I have a feeling she wonders why she can't find a man. Maybe if she worked to improve herself she would have a boyfriend? Meanwhile she looks down on me and calls me a "player" because I flirt a lot with women. I'm in no position to tell her to get on a treadmill, but its too bad she doesn't, because her face isn't half bad.

Anything I can do to help her out?

Old 10-14-2013, 11:58 AM

117 posts, read 142,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
She has never explicitly told me this, but I have a feeling she wonders why she can't find a man. Maybe if she worked to improve herself she would have a boyfriend? Meanwhile she looks down on me and calls me a "player" because I flirt a lot with women. I'm in no position to tell her to get on a treadmill, but its too bad she doesn't, because her face isn't half bad.

Anything I can do to help her out?
Why´s that?

Old 10-14-2013, 11:58 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
If she wants help, advice or an opinion from you or anyone else she will ask for it.
Until then leave her alone and quit talking about her to random strangers on a public forum unless you show her your post.
That way she is aware that you are "concerned about her health" not just her physical attributes with her "not half bad" face and all.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSant View Post
Why´s that?
because she hasn't asked for my advice, and i don't think it's my place. i personally don't have a problem with doing so, but its not pc, and I don't think she'd appreciate it.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If she wants help, advice or an opinion from you or anyone else she will ask for it.
Until then leave her alone and quit talking about her to random strangers on a public forum unless you show her your post.
That way she is aware that you are "concerned about her health" not just her physical attributes with her "not half bad" face and all.
i could be talking about anyone. hell, i could be talking about my mother and she could be single. i've given no identifiers here, aside from the fact that she is an obese woman. no name, age, picture or city.

Mod cut: off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-14-2013 at 09:32 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 12:03 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
there are men out there who love obese women.... she can find one

Old 10-14-2013, 12:04 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
there are men out there who love obese women.... she can find one

Indeed. More than likely it is the men who are obese also.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:04 PM

448 posts, read 764,334 times
From your post it sounds like you're a guy, which IMO might help you out with this some as she will hopefully listen to you. Anyway that would be the logical thing to do. I'm going to take a woman's advice on how to attract women more seriously than another man's advice.

Just get her to ask why she can't get a date. Then once she's asked you can answer her question. I'm not really a fan of manipulation like that but it really is for her own sake in more ways than one. You can also tell her how it will be better for her health.

Maybe when she brings up your dating you can just say something like "you know just looking for someone I really enjoy being with" and talk about how you date people because you enjoy it and presumably hope that you will find some cool lady at some point. I don't know her but I'm guessing if you do that a few times she may just start complaining about how guys don't like her.

Lets all hope she realizes this is something she can take control of and she's not the type to blame it on something/someone.

Alternatively you can just keep your nose in your own business. Kind of depends how much you want to help her.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
From your post it sounds like you're a guy, which IMO might help you out with this some as she will hopefully listen to you. Anyway that would be the logical thing to do. I'm going to take a woman's advice on how to attract women more seriously than another man's advice.

Just get her to ask why she can't get a date. Then once she's asked you can answer her question. I'm not really a fan of manipulation like that but it really is for her own sake in more ways than one. You can also tell her how it will be better for her health.

Maybe when she brings up your dating you can just say something like "you know just looking for someone I really enjoy being with" and talk about how you date people because you enjoy it and presumably hope that you will find some cool lady at some point. I don't know her but I'm guessing if you do that a few times she may just start complaining about how guys don't like her.

Lets all hope she realizes this is something she can take control of and she's not the type to blame it on something/someone.

Alternatively you can just keep your nose in your own business. Kind of depends how much you want to help her.

Good post, thanks.

It's just lame when she says I'm a player and stuff, almost sounds like she's jealous.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
She doesn't need you to tell her she's overweight. I'm sure she already knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships