Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM

219 posts, read 566,455 times

Advertisements

If any of you remember my last thread where I asked a professor out to coffee. Here is what happened:

-We went
-Flirted a bit, I touched her hand, walked her back to her car etc
-Kissed her on the cheek afterwards

By the time I got home, she had already texted me saying she had a great time, and we should do it again

How do I make sure she knows I'm not just a really nice former student/graduate? I feel that as a prof, she might think I'm just a really nice student looking to keep some connections at my alma mater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
If any of you remember my last thread where I asked a professor out to coffee. Here is what happened:

-We went

By the time I got home, she had already texted me saying she had a great time, and we should do it again

How do I make sure she knows I'm not just a really nice former student/graduate?
I feel that as a prof, she might think I'm just a really nice student looking to keep some connections at my alma mater.
By taking the grownup approach of being direct and forthcoming with her.

Try "Prof, I find you very interesting and attractive and would like to spend more time with you. Would you like to go out to dinner Friday night?".

Old 10-14-2013, 06:45 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
oh jeez. she knows. she's probably joking or bragging or swooning (depending on how she feels about you) about the student hitting on her to her friends right now

Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Try "Prof, I find you very interesting and attractive and would like to spend more time with you. Would you like to go out to dinner Friday night?"
lolololololololol

maybe he can even keep calling her "professor" in bed if it works out! a prepackaged kink!

[i know you didn't literally mean to suggest he call her "prof" ]

Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Keep taking her out and showing you care.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
youre doing fine, continue flirting and push the interraction forward. its your responsibility

Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
TELL HER.

Why is it so hard for so many of you to just spit out what you mean? You're always so damned afraid you'll say the wrong thing. JUST SAY IT.

"I really enjoyed our time together and I'd like to see you again. Please understand I'm not just a nice, former student, I've developed feelings for you and I hope you have for me, too. Do you think there's a chance we could be more than just friends?"

If the answer is no, move on and say thanks.

Now with that said, if you've had ONE date, it's probably too soon to put that much weight onto it. Ask her out again, make it a short time frame (this weekend?) and plan something fun, a music show with dancing, a couple beers (or whatever) and see where it goes.

But if you've been seeing this prof for a while, ask her if she has any feelings beyond "just friends" for you. If she does, and she's honest about it, she'll say "yes," and you can proceed. If she says "no," thank her for her honesty, finish out the evening, give her a peck on the cheek and at the same time, think to yourself, "her loss," and never call her again, let her call you. Look elsewhere and if she calls you, play hard to get. Leave her wanting more.

If this doesn't work out for you, it's a biiig ol' ocean with many fish in it. Far too many for anyone to feel desperate.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
What's with all the talking? Just kiss her already.

If she doesn't punch you, you're golden.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
What's with all the talking? Just kiss her already.

If she doesn't punch you, you're golden.
Gotta say, this ain't a bad plan.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post

-We went

How do I make sure she knows I'm not just a really nice former student/graduate? I feel that as a prof, she might think I'm just a really nice student looking to keep some connections at my alma mater.

How many of your friends do you hold hands with and kiss? I'm pretty sure she knows, you're trying to get in her pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships