Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 08:38 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
What I didn't like was that men and women felt that because Iwas unsuccessful at dating I didn't have the right to want someone I was attracted too I see the same thing on this forum.
Don't worry about them or what other people say you should or shouldn't do. Your life isn't theirs and if you want someone you are attracted to, that is your prerogative (heck, most people want someone they are attracted to). Not saying you did this (because I don't know all that you posted) but I think where people get frustrated at posters is when they whine about things and blame the opposite sex for their woes instead of taking responsibility for their own lives.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:40 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
My Dad was a single man from 20 - 43.

He still confesses to me he wished he'd have never gotten married. He was much happier living by himself, on his schedule, with his problems, and his way.

Many older men I know are like this, and if we can live by ourselves for just a few months, it removes a lot of "maternal" power from the female/male relationship that we give women. We no longer see other women as "mom" and helping take care of things. Instead, men like this tend to start looking at women as partners, or someone who you can be with and not have expectations on them.

This is also why, many women, like older men. Because older men have gotten over the "mommy" love.

Younger men are looking to date their mother. Seems to be the most common thing I've seen.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:51 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
Appears there are tens of pros and cons for single or companionship. I would argue being single leads the way toward unconscious happiness. Personally, I'm not sure I'd suggest anyone Matt out have children. Companionship- leads to conscious happiness.

I do not believe some men should be alone forever - perhaps childless but not alone.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
here is whats makes the lines form outside your door.
live alone. small place is ok but alone. learn a trade, get a job keep that job, get some outside interests besides women.
like a hobby and really like it. if you are crazy get help, counseling and 12 step or meds whatever is needed. take dance classes alot. then---
be around cats. watch how they interact with you.
when they stop running away from you, women will line up to see you.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
here is whats makes the lines form outside your door.
live alone. small place is ok but alone. learn a trade, get a job keep that job, get some outside interests besides women.
like a hobby and really like it. if you are crazy get help, counseling and 12 step or meds whatever is needed. take dance classes alot. then---
be around cats. watch how they interact with you.
when they stop running away from you, women will line up to see you.
I hate cats. Damned things won't quit rubbing on my legs.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:43 AM

326 posts, read 348,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Don't worry about them or what other people say you should or shouldn't do. Your life isn't theirs and if you want someone you are attracted to, that is your prerogative (heck, most people want someone they are attracted to). Not saying you did this (because I don't know all that you posted) but I think where people get frustrated at posters is when they whine about things and blame the opposite sex for their woes instead of taking responsibility for their own lives.
I don't think people blame the oppisite sex you just can't make other people date you and blaming yourself only makes things worse trust me I know.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEandLMS View Post
Op, have you tried being extremely goodlooking? It works every time with women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsNcFQwsbc
Kind of off-topic here, but spot on.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:18 AM

329 posts, read 387,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
My best friend is 53. He has never had a steady girlfriend. With him its his weight, but he lets be a hurdle more than anything.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:54 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Why is it such a bad thing to be alone anyways? You don't have to be with someone to be happy. Even if I were somehow get another girlfriend, I do have boundaries that will need to be known. She can't live with me and don't leave your stuff at my apartment, I prefer living by myself with my dog. Also, marriage is completely off the table. I will let any woman I date know that I have no intentions to marry her.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:58 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Why is it such a bad thing to be alone anyways? You don't have to be with someone to be happy. Even if I were somehow get another girlfriend, I do have boundaries that will need to be known. She can't live with me and don't leave your stuff at my apartment, I prefer living by myself with my dog. Also, marriage is completely off the table. I will let any woman I date know that I have no intentions to marry her.

No one said it is bad to be alone. But this is a forum on relationships, that is, a place to discuss being with other people romantically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships