Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 12:26 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yeah ... but .... beauty isn't everything. Don't come to LA. Lots of pretty airheads and superficial creatures who are very self centered. They throw you away the first time you bring up an issue.

I rather date a not so hot person.

No, drop dead looks are certainly not as important as many seem to think. Having not had the best of luck in relationships in my life, I'm now at a point where I'm just going to live my life day to day without much attention paid to relationship issues. I did have five years with the best woman that I believe life could have sent my way, and I'm just going to be happy with having had that.

I couldn't have asked for better. Even as short a time as it seems to be. Quality is most important when looking at such things. The feelings I experienced and what is left in me from those experiences couldn't be better. I can live on those feelings for all the time I have left.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:12 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I always figured CA had a lot of gold diggers to me that's the #1 worst type of woman and I use that term fairly liberally, not just for women that go after millionaires. There's different levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I didn't even mean that, I personally don't know of any gold diggers and I don't have rich friends.

I seriously doubt my very average pay would get me very far trying to date in CA despite whatever other qualities and positives I might have.
I would rather be sought after by a superficial airhead bimbo for my looks than be chased by a gold digger.

Money is usually the one thing where a lot of women don't want to admit how much they really care about it. It's like some sort of unwritten rule of law or something, never admit it, no matter what.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Are you a fan of Mogwai the gremlin or Mogwai the band ?
yes its a reference to the 80's movie, but ya, I know I've said this before but it's still true, proves valid, I can't think of any woman over 30 who has been single her whole life but I can think of plenty of guys over 30 who have been single their whole life

Old 06-18-2017, 02:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Second verse

same as the first.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
It's just another sad love song.....

Old 06-18-2017, 03:13 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
Just anooother day
For you and me
Paaradise

Old 06-18-2017, 06:33 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
yes its a reference to the 80's movie, but ya, I know I've said this before but it's still true, proves valid, I can't think of any woman over 30 who has been single her whole life but I can think of plenty of guys over 30 who have been single their whole life
It's possible they live in a manosphere such as my area in these areas the 80 / 20 phenom reigns supreme. You either break out of it, become one of the 20 percent, move, or expand your options in some way or they will have a terrible love life.

Having said that I know some guys around 50 like that that haven't dated in many years most people either think they're gay or people just think they're really freakin' wierd dudes with issues which is what I think.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 PM

810 posts, read 667,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
A vasectomy?? Sounds like you're tethered to a self fulfilling prophesy. Don't you wanna know how soft and warm a bare ass feels like on a cold winter night? If so you gotta shake this mopey 12 year old school girl façade and man up...

Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
Don't fret. I'm 36, professionally employed in a career I love, own my own home, have plenty of friends, have a well funded retirement plan and best of all when I come each day after work you know what my house is........QUIET :-).

Old 06-18-2017, 11:33 PM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
well it's simple as a guy, don't take action you won't get anything
Yup. Any guy could get married, but you may have to work pretty hard for it.

Women, on the other hand, simply have to exist.

I don't know any guy that's over 30 and single (and by "single", I mean unmarried), except for myself and that's because I've chosen to be up to this point. But I'm in the process of changing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships