Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 01:24 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,628,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
In a traditional society it is the family and village's job to teach it's children social order and constructs.

America has deviated too far from the natural tribe/village/clan grouping and this is why all of these "deviants" are appearing. Because society itself has deviated too far from it's natural biological setup of loosely inter-connected tribes and clans.
OK. So say you are an adult. Your behaviour is such that you repel rather than attract those you wish to date. What do you do? Is blaming society for not teaching you better going to help you in any real way?

Old 09-28-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
All the females in my age bracket are those broke waitress's working at b dubs etc. Only the older ladies are financially stable, I am not rich, but I would fall into that trap. A lot of my peers are same way, not a chance we get married until we are basically old and dying. Dont be surprised to see this as a trend.
So, don't marry. That's just fine.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:50 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,098,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
... not a chance we get married until we are basically old and dying. Dont be surprised to see this as a trend.
There isn't any point in getting married when you are elderly unless you are religious or traditional. Other than that the best reason to get married is for the children.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:44 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,105,505 times
I wouldn't say I'm meant to be alone forever because I don't believe in fate or predestination, but I certainly hope I will be. I can't imagine existing any other way and, while I'd like to be happier at times, I don't think a marriage or LTR would help me achieve that. Other people have a habit of making life more complicated than it needs to be.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
I think I’m probably better off being alone. I’m mean and angry af and don’t have a lot of patience these days. None are very conducive to a relationship. I’ve probably rejected some decent possibilities because I’m not very patient and on every date it is like I try hard to look for something wrong with a woman....which I usually find very easily making it much easier to reject them. My life isn’t complicated being single and I don’t think there is anyone who we can put up with each other to purposely complicate my life.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think I’m probably better off being alone. I’m mean and angry af and don’t have a lot of patience these days. None are very conducive to a relationship. I’ve probably rejected some decent possibilities because I’m not very patient and on every date it is like I try hard to look for something wrong with a woman....which I usually find very easily making it much easier to reject them. My life isn’t complicated being single and I don’t think there is anyone who we can put up with each other to purposely complicate my life.
If you prefer to be alone, then why keep dating?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:21 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,471,672 times
Quote:
Just try to take a breather. Relax. Go for walks in a forest or something, then emerge not so judgmental.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
If you prefer to be alone, then why keep dating?
I don’t PREFER to be alone but I’m slowly drawing a conclusion that it may be better if I stay alone. I want to at least experience a real relationship with a woman who lives in the same area as I do to see if I can maintain a real relationship before I give totally up on dating.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:00 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,098,642 times
Quote:
Reference: Clint Eastwood in his Dirty Harry role, a man has to know his limitations.

I'm not like you but my cousin is. He doesn't want to put up with the negative, and every relationship is a trade-off between positive and negative. We each must determine where the balance lies.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:02 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,529,207 times
he admits he is mean and angry... that is a big negative if any woman wants to date him

him talking about negatives with the woman, he needs to fix himself first

he should get a pet, a dog or something, if he wants companionship that doesnt express their opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.