Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 05:33 AM

37 posts, read 59,612 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty much in the same situation, except I'm a girl. Just not very attractive. I saw a quote that basically said if I wanted to be with someone, it was easy- I'd just have to find someone uglier than myself. Unfortunately, I just can't like someone I'm not attracted to. And I'm pretty sure most ugly ppl aren't attracted to me either.
I think my problem is that I'm picky- I don't want a lazy overweight soft person, I want someone who works, who has hobbies, blah blah blah.
Also, the only ppl who approach me are either gross old men, or drunk old men. And old ladies are like "oooh you're so beautiful" but nobody from my generation.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWC View Post
You got the vasectomy so there is no chance of you ever getting a happy ending.
Who the hell says having kids always leads to a HAPPY ending? Id be as miserable as being a father.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:54 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Hey OP the doctor who performed the vasectomy on you so young, how close is he to Virginia? I may have interest.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsBelt43 View Post
I'm pretty much in the same situation, except I'm a girl. Just not very attractive. I saw a quote that basically said if I wanted to be with someone, it was easy- I'd just have to find someone uglier than myself. Unfortunately, I just can't like someone I'm not attracted to. And I'm pretty sure most ugly ppl aren't attracted to me either.
I think my problem is that I'm picky- I don't want a lazy overweight soft person, I want someone who works, who has hobbies, blah blah blah.
Also, the only ppl who approach me are either gross old men, or drunk old men. And old ladies are like "oooh you're so beautiful" but nobody from my generation.
You're not very attractive............but you're picky.

Good luck with that.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
I can't believe some people still believe in this idea that everyone ends up with someone.

There's tons of people who die alone, tons of people who never had anyone

Old 10-16-2013, 07:01 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,682,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
Us women don't like guys who are looking for sympathy. We work too hard to make ourselves look good for you to go on sympathy dates. I am dating a guy right now who tries to make me feel sorry for him. I am considering ending the relationship. Reading his texts makes me depressed.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I can't believe some people still believe in this idea that everyone ends up with someone.

And many people prefer to be alone. Nothing wrong with that, either.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

and many people who had someone and then they left and are alone. If you look at the grand scheme of life, there are people in war zones, have cancer and are dying, are blind, deaf, all sorts of health issues. Is not having a lover right now really that big of a deal?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Nobody was meant to be alone forever. However we have shifted into a polygamous society. Women are sharing a shrinking pool of men they approve of wich means more and more men are alone and will stay alone. The only way to reverse this is taking steps that would be considered too extreme. For example I would favor sterilizing (or even castrating) baby daddies who got more than one woman pregnant. This way if a woman wants a child she won't be able to choose the stud that got multiple women pregnant. She will have to pick a guy who was overlooked, many who will end up being better father material than her first selection. Also deep cuts in the welfare state would help these lonely men, in particular if we cut programs for single moms with children. Feel free to disagree but no personal insults as per the rules.
So get the government involved to force women to choose you? I feel free to disagree, yes.

And castration too! You know, when guys talk about ball-busters they don't usually mean other men.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Us women don't like guys who are looking for sympathy. We work too hard to make ourselves look good for you to go on sympathy dates. I am dating a guy right now who tries to make me feel sorry for him. I am considering ending the relationship. Reading his texts makes me depressed.

girl I went on a date with and who I absolutely fell for , told me afterwards she was still not over a past relationship and that she was constantly struggling with confidence and anxiety issues for ten years

I was so taken by her openness , I disclosed the fact that I myself had suffered boubts of depression on an on and off basis since I was twenty one , I did this to show her I too had demons

seeing as women don't want a weak man , do you think the above was a mistake , is it ok for a woman to open up about personal issues but a guy should at all times keep them to himself

bear in mind im absolutely fine at the moment and haven't had a days depression in well over a year , I don't whinge to women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships