Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 PM

237 posts, read 440,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
At 25, I've accepted I'll be alone forever. I don't hate women. I respect women and think they're gorgeous I just don't have anything to offer a woman.
Hopefully you will find what you are searching for; whether it takes a day or a lifetime or more

Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 PM

500 posts, read 1,173,907 times
Could have paid for lots of therapy with what The Big V cost.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:23 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsBelt43 View Post
Lol, I know right?
Prob will have to settle for someone fat, no education, no job, no goals or talents, etc.
Does this describe you? If it does, you can change most of those traits and really your life would improve pretty linearly with those improvements, whether you found a man or not.

If that doesn't describe you, then something doesn't add up in your assessment of your prospects.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:36 PM
SF

286 posts, read 324,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?

Well I can relate to this a little bit

Quote:

I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good.
Okay in that sense my thoughts are somewhat similar to your's only difference here is that I have always been single till now and never been in LOVE or a long term committed relationship and I'm only 2 years older than you.I do have some standards for the girl but I know that there is a very slim chance of love in my life, even I don't hate women and I also will probably stay single forever.

Well if you've decided to stay alone forever,its your choice.Good luck! but remember life is long you've got a long way to go so it's all up to your inner strength and the confidence you have in your decisions also you must keep in mind that you've made this decision because you want it to be that way and for yourself and not because you want to prove something to others or for the sake of it as such.

Quote:

I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone.
I don't know seems strange/wierd to me,I don't think it can be generalized and put that way, I don't know where you've heard it because everyone is different in one way or another in that sense no two men can be exactly same .There can be some similarities though.Some men are alone and want to be so because that's what would make them happy, for some its not important at all to have relationships and they different sense of purpose.The list can go on.

Quote:

Are some men just meant to be alone?
Do you mean destined?

True indeed I strongly believe so there can many reasons for that for examples

1.Some are meant to be alone because they have such high principles,morals and values and live by them so others find it difficult or sometimes impossible to accept them in their lives(also applicable for love/relationships)

2.Some have high standards for the girl they want and hence are meant to be alone because of this thinking

3. Some don't have the required mindset to handle people/to be in relationships, after all they can be challenging

Just because you're destined doesn't mean that it will happen and be so like that.You can try to go against it and see for yourself what happens.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:10 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times
Quote:
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
You're young and plenty of time to change. Me, yeah I will die alone. I'm 30 years older and have been where you will be and then some. I have no one, no wife, parents, siblings, family, and daughters don't care. this is ALONE.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,502 times
Its too early to toss in the towel on the possibility of being happy with a partner at that age. Love is tricky, just when you think you're safely single God places the individual in your life whom you won't want to live without. Just keep your head up and it'll happen.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:54 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
My dad had a friend - a guy about 10 years older than him - who was quite good looking & cultured. He was a successful dentist so he made major bank. He lived in one of the best neighborhoods in my town. He was a bachelor and my dad always talked about it (secretly I think he was intrigued by the lifestyle). I'm not sure why he never got married - he was certainly good looking enough and successful enough. It seemed to me he didn't try - he was always by himself when we would see him and he'd take these fancy & exotic vacations alone.

Then, around the time he was 63ish, he got married - it seemed to happen overnight - to a woman in her 50s. So never say never.

My own dad didn't get married until he was 37. Had me at 38.

You're only 23. There is lots of time - just ask some women out. Try online and real-life at the same time. At 23 you can go as low as 18 and as high as 27 or so.

Start working out and jogging (or some other sustained cardio like swimming if you prefer). NOW. You'd be amazed how losing a few pounds improves things - your clothes fit better, your posture improves, you feel better, more energetic and look it.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emac719 View Post
Its too early to toss in the towel on the possibility of being happy with a partner at that age. Love is tricky, just when you think you're safely single God places the individual in your life whom you won't want to live without. Just keep your head up and it'll happen.
Laughable. God doesn't place a thing in anyone's life, if he even exists.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emac719 View Post
If you say so. Still waiting for God to do his thing....

Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
I couldn't even imagine being alone for ever! I need someone to snuggle up with at night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships