Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:57 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
C'mon. Based on the amount of posts you have, you know the truth.

Struggling guys do not hit on super hot women standing on street corners. They are the guys from your college math class, from your workplace, and from your softball team, and your hiking meetup.

They are the guys you have some rapport with and are friendly with, but are just not attracted to.

I want you to think of such a guy that you like as a person but are unattracted to, that you have rejected recently or in the past. Was he such a fool to go for you? Were you so out of his league? No, you like him, you just weren't attracted to him in that way. Well, then what's so crazy to think that could happen 47 other times (with 2 hits) if the guy ain't that great looking.

Man. I wish I could take some of you ladies on a tour of my life.

BAHHH HA HA!!! That phrase always makes me laugh out loud. It is such a "tell" that these guys get their knowledge about dating and women from places like bodybuilding.com.

"Struggling guys" ! Like they are slogging on their bellies through the mud on a doomed military mission to secure the pooon.

OMG I am dying here.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
BAHHH HA HA!!! That phrase always makes me laugh out loud. It is such a "tell" that these guys get their knowledge about dating and women from places like bodybuilding.com.

"Struggling guys" ! Like they are slogging on their bellies through the mud on a doomed military mission to secure the pooon.

OMG I am dying here.
The battle of the bulge?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

OMG I am dying here.
Actually, it was a serious post. And it was well thought out by me.

I'm not asking for pity.

I'm just asking women to see that the guys who get rejected a lot are the same guys that you like as people but reject because, you are not attracted to them, physically or otherwise. Not the guys who go up to hot women on every street corner and ask for their number.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:17 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Actually, it was a serious post. And it was well thought out by me.

I'm not asking for pity.

I'm just asking women to see that the guys who get rejected a lot are the same guys that you like as people but reject because, you are not attracted to them, physically or otherwise. Not the guys who go up to hot women on every street corner and ask for their number.
I, personally, see you as none of these things. Just ineffective and unrealistic. It is not just you. A lot of posters on the internet are like this for various things.

But if you think about it, you want an entire group of people (women) to "see their" behavior and change it to suit you. You can want other people to do or see whatever. How does that help you?

The guys on here who look at women as simply a class, a thing to get, are getting rejected because most people want someone who wants THEM for THEMSELVES.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
And I don't think you can say the same thing about guys. This only pertains to girls.

As a guy who has been trying to get a girlfriend for about ten years now with no luck, I think what has annoyed me the most is that girls lose interest way too easily at first. They find a better guy or things didn't go on the first few dates as they expected or for some other pedantic reason.

Any other guys frustrated with this?
Well, what all those girls have in common is you. To hold their interest you must first be interesting.

I would really assess yourself and see if you're boring the snot out of them. And change how you converse with them, too.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I, personally, see you as none of these things. Just ineffective and unrealistic. It is not just you. A lot of posters on the internet are like this for various things.

But if you think about it, you want an entire group of people (women) to "see their" behavior and change it to suit you. You can want other people to do or see whatever. How does that help you?

The guys on here who look at women as simply a class, a thing to get, are getting rejected because most people want someone who wants THEM for THEMSELVES.
What are you talking about? Did I ever say anything to you? Attacking random posters?

All I said was that guys who get rejected are not always guys who hit on women on every street corner and chase after p@ssy. That's it. I'm not asking for women to be attracted to me.

For some reason, women have this perception that men who get rejected a lot are losers who have accomplished nothing and chase after women they have no rapport with and are only after p@ssy.

It's not true.

You KNOW it not to be true. You KNOW an unattractive guy who you have rejected that was a good guy that you liked who wasn't after your p@ssy. I KNOW you do. That's who we are.

We are your brothers, your classmates, coworkers, your friends, and your cousins.

We are not some seething trollish community of HS dropouts that lives behind a computer 24 hours a day on Bodybuilding.com and has never had any female contact.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:41 PM

555 posts, read 591,361 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? Did I ever say anything to you? Attacking random posters?

All I said was that guys who get rejected are not always guys who hit on women on every street corner and chase after p@ssy. That's it. I'm not asking for women to be attracted to me.

For some reason, women have this perception that men who get rejected a lot are losers who have accomplished nothing and chase after women they have no rapport with and are only after p@ssy.
And how do you know that?

Quote:
You KNOW it not to be true. You KNOW an unattractive guy who you have rejected that was a good guy that you liked who wasn't after your p@ssy. I KNOW you do. That's who we are.
What good are you to a women if you're not after her p@say? After all dating is an ancient mating ritual, nothing else
She rejected you because she wasn't attracted to you, whether you were or were not after her ***** was irrelevant. Its all about mating.

Quote:
We are your brothers, your classmates, coworkers, your friends, and your cousins.

We are not some seething trollish community of HS dropouts that lives behind a computer 24 hours a day on Bodybuilding.com and has never had any female contact.
Man, you need to se a professional.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times
It's almost scary to see how nutty some guys can get from not getting dates.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:51 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Attacking? I was trying to be helpful.

Whew.... holy reading comprehension issues batman. This is a lost cause.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
It's almost scary to see how nutty some guys can get from not getting dates.
Not "almost"-- it IS scary! They are seething mad at women for not being attracted to them. Or more to the point, they are seething mad at women who won't date them despite the fact that they are not attracted to them. It is illogical and weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships