Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
Sure, sure.
Are you under the impression you are #winning ?
Is this a competition ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 04:05 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
What age range are we talking about here, OP? If they are early/mid 20's, perhaps they are so deathly afraid of a relationship that they'll pass up more good sex just to avoid that possibility.

I'd love to have ongoing NSA sex or FWB! I'm also a lot older, probably.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Yeah. Mid 20s. Lol. I dont I know what to say if u guys don't believe me I mean that is what happened. I just didnt tell them I wanted a no strings attached relationship. I actually thought he wanted a relationship. I would have gotten around to telling them that but since they run from me, what can I do.. I actually asked a guy that ran and he said he was seeing somebody and was uncomfortable at the pace we went.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:32 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
The last guy even brought up seeing me again a few times. I said I don't know, I had to see how I felt after it. I thought maybe that made him mad but I contacted him. I was going to tell him I want to see hin again but he wouldn't speak to me.
wait...

one guy literally brought up seeing you again, and you hemmed and hawed. on multiple occasions?

and now you wonder why he wrote you off?

when women act like that i stop seeing them too

by the way, everyone always tells other people they are great in bed. men and women both. i have never said anything besides something like "wow that was great" even when it was really just average or even mediocre. this is to make the best of a bad situation as much as it is to spare someone's feelings. even mediocre sex is better than alot of other ways to spend time... but not if i'm complaining about it to my partner!

Quote:
I actually asked a guy that ran and he said he was seeing somebody and was uncomfortable at the pace we went.
they are running so fast that they make up two excuses when confronted on it!

one common piece of advice on this forum is that when everyone else seems to act the same way (in this case, ghosting after first sexual encounter), it's usually better to examine yourself rather than everyone else. at the very least, perhaps you are just picking the wrong sort of guy. along with several other posters, i can assure that in general if a man meets a single woman who is fun and good at sex and wants a repeat performance, he is not going to ghost

Last edited by OdysseusNY; 10-15-2013 at 05:41 PM..

Old 10-15-2013, 05:36 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Hmmm I find it funny when you guys ask if I suck at sex. Every guy I've slept with says they love it. I don't get it, they love the physical part, they think I'm hot, they think I'm sweet and they think I'm smart. The last guy even brought up seeing me again a few times. I said I don't know, I had to see how I felt after it. I thought maybe that made him mad but I contacted him. I was going to tell him I want to see hin again but he wouldn't speak to me.

What they says means nothing. How they react to it means everything. Look at how he reacted.

I've never ever told anyone they were horrible in bed. I have decided that after sex that I'd never do that again. Sometimes it was because they were horrible. Sometimes it because we just were on different wavelengths (not a match) in bed. Never ever was it because they were freaking awesome in bed.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:50 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,331 times
This thread's title is based off a sexist view on sex and thus it already fails.~

Every one views every thing, including sex, their own way and the only thing that would have you believe otherwise is the countless number of people who perpetuate sexist stereotypes.~

Old 10-15-2013, 06:41 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
wait...

one guy literally brought up seeing you again, and you hemmed and hawed. on multiple occasions?

and now you wonder why he wrote you off?

when women act like that i stop seeing them too

by the way, everyone always tells other people they are great in bed. men and women both. i have never said anything besides something like "wow that was great" even when it was really just average or even mediocre. this is to make the best of a bad situation as much as it is to spare someone's feelings. even mediocre sex is better than alot of other ways to spend time... but not if i'm complaining about it to my partner!

they are running so fast that they make up two excuses when confronted on it!

one common piece of advice on this forum is that when everyone else seems to act the same way (in this case, ghosting after first sexual encounter), it's usually better to examine yourself rather than everyone else. at the very least, perhaps you are just picking the wrong sort of guy. along with several other posters, i can assure that in general if a man meets a single woman who is fun and good at sex and wants a repeat performance, he is not going to ghost
Well yea I was skeptical cause the last guy said he wanted to see me again and I'm like yeah! Tomorrow. Tomorrow came and he ran.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 PM

555 posts, read 591,742 times
Quote:
Yeah. Mid 20s. Lol. I dont I know what to say if u guys don't believe me I mean that is what happened. I just didnt tell them I wanted a no strings attached relationship. I actually thought he wanted a relationship. I would have gotten around to telling them that but since they run from me, what can I do.. I actually asked a guy that ran and he said he was seeing somebody and was uncomfortable at the pace we went.
Go for older guys, at least until you get some footing in this game.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Re-write your post. Change all your "you" and "we" to "me".

You are not describing a universal experience.
Not universal, but far too widespread to dismiss as the experience of a single person. Lots and lots of people have had experiences like this.

The reason this happens is that a lot of men, especially younger men, measure their worth in terms of how many women they can bed. It is something they usually learn in the context of all-male peer groups, where the ability to have lots of casual sex gives men status. In a weird way, his doing that is an assertion of dominance over her. He got what he wanted, and then left. In his mind, he probably thinks that makes him smart and strong , and her foolish and week. This also builds up his esteem. It is a sick twisted idea of manhood, but lots of men share it. Not all, but too many.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:08 PM

555 posts, read 591,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Not universal, but far too widespread to dismiss as the experience of a single person. Lots and lots of people have had experiences like this.

The reason this happens is that a lot of men, especially younger men, measure their worth in terms of how many women they can bed. It is something they usually learn in the context of all-male peer groups, where the ability to have lots of casual sex gives men status. In a weird way, his doing that is an assertion of dominance over her. He got what he wanted, and then left. In his mind, he probably thinks that makes him smart and strong , and her foolish and week. This also builds up his esteem. It is a sick twisted idea of manhood, but lots of men share it. Not all, but too many.
At this age it is gender neutral, men try to bed as many women as we can, and women try to win the contest for most broken hearts. Its a game of sorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships