Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 PM

96 posts, read 206,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
LOL! Dearie, you're much too young and immature to be engaged. The fact that you saw no value in what I wrote only confirms that.

And no, I'm not mistaken. I saw your prior posts in response to those who said something that you didn't like. Yup, you were brought down.

Now run along and go grow up, mkay?

Who are you to make judgements about me?

You think I'm young and immature and need to grow up, yet you're the one trying to bait me and insult on an anonymous forum, real mature. Not going to happen, from now on you shall be ignored. Good bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I didn't mention it in the beginning, but him and I are engaged. His dad lives 45 minutes away. He'll have to drive 2 hours to work every day and 2 hours back. He works nights (10 pm - 7 am) and sleeps all day. I'll be starting school soon as well as working. I just don't see us staying as close as we are if I'll hardly ever get to see him. All the time you hear about couples breaking up/divorcing because of distance. It's going to be hard to have any quality time to keep our relationship strong if he's so far away and we're both busy as heck.

We had a talk a little bit ago and decided that he'll move back in with his dad in about a month. I just don't see this ending well for our relationship. He thinks we'll be fine, but I know the strain distance can put on a relationship.
Welcome to grown-up life. I work full-time and am in grad school full-time. I see my boyfriend occasionally on the weekends but not every weekend. Life doesn't always work into neat little boxes, sometimes people have to compromise.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:10 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:

You think I'm young and immature and need to grow up, yet you're the one trying to bait me and insult on an anonymous forum, real mature. Not going to happen, from now on you shall be ignored. Good bye.
I am one of many who YOU asked to make judgements about your situation. So, we are judging both you and your bf in order to formulate and give you the opinions you asked for. It's kind of the purpose of a message board. It's not a place to come to to get confirmation of your righteous opinion of your bf's "immaturity" and actions. You can get that with your BFF's, who'll support you even when you're wrong.

i noticed you're not upset about anyone pointing out your bf's "immaturity."

And no, I'm not trying to bait and insult you. You asked for opinions, and you got them. Mine and everyone else's who posted here.

And yes, I know you're reading this! :::waves:::

Old 10-15-2013, 08:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Nimz, promise, no one here is trying to "judge" you or hurt you.

We are giving you the benefit of our wisdom that's all.

I know it's hard to hear things you don't want to hear or don't actually believe, but we wouldn't be doing you any favors if we coddled you right now like a little girl okay?

Try to take your ego out of this long enough to just look at the facts of the situation as many of us have laid them out okay? Really really hoping to help you gain some perspective here!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:

Actually your own words dug your grave sweetie. Your attitude is defiant and immature and almost every single person picked up on that. And by the way, when you post on a forum you will get a variety of replies. Being rude to people who have taken the time to think about your situation and advise you accordingly, is in poor form.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:28 PM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
And to think that the OP was talking about have a kid with this guy just 5 months ago....

For future reference, don't ask for people's opinions unless you are willing to consider them.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
She wasn't being helpful, just insulting. You don't help someone by telling them they have "no class".
Don't do that - don't choose to be so insulted that you can't learn from the comments that people are making.

The comment was indeed a strong reaction - but that does not mean there was no merit to it.

It was a commentary made out of frustration at how many young woman keep making so many bad choices.

Again, I encourage you to rise above your ego (and feelings) to try to gain some new perspective.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
1. I'd much rather have lived with my own parents than my boyfriend or fiance's parents when I was 21 or 22.
2. If your relationship can't survive a month of being 45 minutes away from each other - then you don't have a strong relationship to begin with. My husband and I only saw each other once every 3 or for weeks for years - and we survived just fine.
3. You guys are only 21 and 22. Did you go to college? Are you in college? Do you have the ability to earn above minimum wage? I see no reason to live on your own if you can't afford it. If you can stay with your respective parents for a year or so to save some money - I'm not sure what the big deal is.
4. Being engaged doesn't really mean anything, to be honest. Lots of people get engaged when they are really young and don't end up getting married. You either get married or you don't. Do you have a date set yet? Are you planning your wedding?
5. If you can't talk to him about these things - then your relationship doesn't have a strong foundation. Strong relationships are built on communication. My husband and I can and do talk to each other about everything. I don't need to ask advice from other people because only HE knows what he is thinking and only HE can make me feel better about US.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
You don't turn people into who you want, you date them and decide if they ARE who you want.

He is doing what HE wants.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You don't turn people into who you want, you date them and decide if they ARE who you want.

He is doing what HE wants.
Yup. This pretty much nails it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships