Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,432,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I live in the Midwest and I'm a college student. It seems as if every woman is taken here, and the women aren't very nice at all. Have you ever had this problem before?
Why, yes- big time.

Per capita, we have the largest amount of a certain types of voters (who strongly support Rick Warren on WHATEVER he says).

Quite frankly, I'm turned off. Not to mention the avid loyalty to FOX news media popular amongst the general public. My dating pool's limited, but that will soon change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 AM

543 posts, read 535,304 times
At a population of roughly 3200, and the nearest large town 50 miles away, I've come to the conclusion it has. Married couples and older folks everywhere. So I put the house on the market a month ago. Wasted too much time in this pit.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 AM

864 posts, read 1,458,987 times
It definitely did have an impact. I live in Colorado, and in the area of the state I live in (and go to school in), it is largely a very liberal and 420-friendly atmosphere. It's definitely difficult to find others who share a Christian and conservative mindset.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:26 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,726,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Yep. Being a 30s bachelor that has no desire to have kids, my home town in Montana tended to have more traditional mindset women that want families and being in a sub 60k city also didn't help.

Now im surrounded by a few million people with more career and liberal minded women who don't want kids either, so my dating chances have increased dramatically.

As the old fisherman saying goes, if you wanna make catches, you gotta go where the fish are
Years ago I moved from New England to Los Angeles and my dating life improved exponentially.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,115,643 times
Currently dating a woman outside of my city. Most women in my city are shallow and stuck up ghetto Queens, if not shallow and stuckup ghetto Queens, than pretentious, superficial, narcissistic, entitled hipster yuppie transplants from the Midwest!

Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM

13,699 posts, read 9,793,471 times
The premise of this thread is definitely true. Though I’ve had reasonable success in dating, the local demographics have greatly affected my options and expectations. I’m a “limousine liberal” relegated to the blue-collar/rural locale straddling the rust-belt Midwest and the traditionalist South, to a decaying town and its virulently anti-intellectual, dogmatically theistic, “family oriented” mindset. Business travel to the Northeast or the West Coast feels like a tremendous relief, a surfacing, gasping for air.

A girlfriend is first and foremost a friend. Friends share a modicum of commonly held values and interests. They don’t need to have identical finances or levels of education, but for the relationship to deepen and to flourish without feelings of imbalance, the two parties can’t be inordinately far apart. And it is absolutely imperative in a romantic partnership to reach agreement on the big-3: religion (or lack thereof), children (or lack thereof) and money-management.

Resourceful people can thrive even in harsh environments, but having a good selection of palatable prospects is greatly contingent on where we search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships