Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,277,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
But you tell them all, right? That's all I'm asking. Not "I know they mind because I know them, so I don't tell them." You tell them whether they mind or not, right?
Yea. Never been an issue. I date men with sexual pasts and they date me. Works out for everyone.

529 posts, read 699,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I my gut says "true", but I'm not so sure, as we're dealing with reality and not fantasy land. Unfortunately, there are lots of idiotic judgmental people out there with unrealistic standards and everyone has to learn how best to navigate that for themselves. I generally rarely think there is one right answer for everyone.
Oh, so you're basically saying that if someone would disapprove of you and not want to be with you, they shouldn't have the opportunity to. In other words, if they are "idiotic judgemental people," rather than not be with them, you'd rather just lie to them and be with them.

How much sense does that make?

41,938 posts, read 36,728,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Sure, but that's your personal line. In other words, what if I was a woman who had sex with a different guy every single day? And you said that to me and I said "what's the difference, it's just sex? Are you a prude?" See, you call anyone who disapproves of YOU "a prude," but you have no problem saying someone who you disapprove of is messed up.

What does "personal line" mean? I have no idea what you are saying.

And I really have no idea what your question is asking.

The thing is, and I hope this is obvious, that there is a difference between being and uptight prude and sleeping around. There is a middle ground. People here are wanting to embrace extremes, like either a woman is "good" and chaste, or she is a ****. That is not the real world. Most of us are neither.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Yea. Never been an issue. I date men with sexual pasts and they date me. Works out for everyone.
Cool, I can't argue with that, as long as you're being honest.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 AM

32,499 posts, read 47,468,261 times
I'd like to point out that the women with the morals that apparently you men are seeking do not want to spend time with a skanky man *****, either.

So while you are out there trying to pick up and score a different woman every week, you are making yourself ineligible for the serious relationship pool.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'd like to point out that the women with the morals that apparently you men are seeking do not want to spend time with a skanky man *****, either.

So while you are out there trying to pick up and score a different woman every week, you are making yourself ineligible for the serious relationship pool.
I agree with you.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,728,963 times
Mod cut"' Orphaned.

My gut says yes, for me. But people have to decide for themselves, in their situations, what is right for them. There are with relationships rarely, if ever, a one sized fits all answer.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-16-2013 at 01:21 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 AM

Mod cut: Orphaned.

I'm saying people lie ALL THE TIME. And the reason they lie is because they know that people don't want to be with some promiscuous person. That's fact. And the people who disagree with me are trying to rewrite reality by saying "nobody cares" or redefining promiscuity. Hey, if you're not promiscuous and you sleep with 25 people ...then just be honest and supposedly everyone else will agree that it's "normal." But that's not how it works. So a lot of people are rationalizing their behavior. That's my only point.

You know you're doing something people disapprove of, so why pretend that they don't?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-16-2013 at 01:23 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,705,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbara2013 View Post
Men, this question is for you and woman can answer if they want to.

Woman 1- She had unprotected sex with many men and now has a child out of wedlock. To make things worse, she does not know who the father of her child is.

Woman 2- She had unprotected sex with many men and now has an STD or HIV.

Woman 3- She had casual sex with men and been in romantic relationships with them for years, protection and birth control, and never had an STD or HIV and she has no children.

Woman 4- She was married with children and her husband died of unpreventable and unforeseen circumstances.

Which woman would you choose and why?

Woman 4 would be the top pick since you're looking to get married.

Woman 3 might be a good prospect but you have to date her and get to know her character and
whether she has intentions of becoming monagamous.

Women 2 and 1 might even be choices. It depends on what your needs are in a wife, whether you believe people can be reformed or rehabilitated and how you feel about being a stepfather. There might be something in their personalities that ignites a spark with you and you might want to cautiously date them to see if you want to continue. By the way, how did you find out such personal information these women?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,881,850 times
Maybe all or none.

I would have to know them better than a quick sentance about their past. All people bring their past and their baggage with them, but it is who they are now coming out of those experiences that I would evaluate if I was considering them for marriage.

I have a loving, faithful, and amazing wife. Her past is such that I am sure there are a share of men on here who would never consider marrying her. Yet, the amazing person she is now is built upon those experiences in her past and I do not think less of her at all because of them.

In fact, I think more of her because she has experienced life, recognizes the positives and negatives in her past, and uses it as instruction and motivation to be a better person for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.