Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PluBoy View Post
I will finish my degree next Summer (hopefully) and then I'll start a 2 year master's degree in environmental engineering. I will have to study about 13 hours a day for those two years. I'll have to breathe and eat it all the time.

I used to be a top student before coming to university. I didn't have to make any effort to stay focused or study because it all came naturally to me.

However, I started to notice girls about a year ago, I started going out at night and all that jazz. No girl has ever been interested in me but how can I prevent it from happening and destroying my path? How can I avoid thinking about sex?

I'm sure nothing will happen anyway but I just want to be on the safe side.
I don't see what the issue is. Stop going out and all that jazz. Based on your comment about girls never being interested in you, why are you worrying about it now?

You're going to be a Master's student and you can't figure this out? <facepalm>

Old 10-16-2013, 11:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
The problem is that I'm afraid to fall into temptation and ruin everything around me.

I suggest you go to Vegas, get an 8ball, and get it out of your system then.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:40 AM

19 posts, read 18,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Based on your comment about girls never being interested in you, why are you worrying about it now?
That's not the problem, it's me being interested in them.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:44 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
It might work that way in the US but certainly not in Europe. Employers don't dictacte your personal life. I'm the one who decides what my balance is.
They don't dictate your personal life here either. What I was saying is that it will come across if school and studying are the only things you do. Employers are looking for more than that, they want people with outside interests mixed in. When I hire someone, school and grades might get you an interview, but it will be how you interact and your other activities that get you the job.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:44 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
I will finish my degree next Summer (hopefully) and then I'll start a 2 year master's degree in environmental engineering. I will have to study about 13 hours a day for those two years. I'll have to breathe and eat it all the time.

I used to be a top student before coming to university. I didn't have to make any effort to stay focused or study because it all came naturally to me.

However, I started to notice girls about a year ago, I started going out at night and all that jazz. No girl has ever been interested in me but how can I prevent it from happening and destroying my path? How can I avoid thinking about sex?

I'm sure nothing will happen anyway but I just want to be on the safe side.
I am an A full time grad student, work full time and have a relationship. I think you'll be fine. People are juggling way more and manage fine even with kids and a house work and school.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
When I hire someone, school and grades might get you an interview, but it will be how you interact and your other activities that get you the job.
That's not a problem, I have more than enough interests. I'm sorry I can't have more time to do all the hobbies I enjoy.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
That's not the problem, it's me being interested in them.
Let some out on occasion either by yourself or a one night stand. That will help keep it under control.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:47 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
If you think you are at risk of getting distracted, then yes, shut down. Stay focused until you finished. It's just a short while.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let some out on occasion either by yourself or a one night stand. That will help keep it under control.
ONS are an illusion unless you're insanely wealthy in real life.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

A good peaceful life is all about balance - moderation in all things.

When you are too heavily weighted in one area and have no weight in another you are off kilter, out of balance, and it may be time to seek some professional help.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-16-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships