Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 AM

537 posts, read 1,242,446 times

Advertisements

Under no circumstances, no. I'm not into complicating my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Relationship...absolutely not.

Sleep with...that's a different story.
So, you'd have no problems f*cking a married guy, but wouldn't give a guy who was seeing a girl exclusively for six months and wasn't really sure she was the right fit the time of day, even if he was completely up front and honest about his situation and you really liked him? I believe you're quite capable of the first, but I don't think you'd blow off a guy you really liked just because he was seeing someone else he wasn't too crazy about, but I totally get that you want him to break things off before getting serious with you.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,161,549 times
i have been the "involved" person. the new guy pursuing me didn't know i was involved and i ended up breaking it off with the ex to be with the new guy. things had gone down the drain long ago with the guy i was with and we were pretty much just stuck living together for the rest of our lease...at least in my eyes as i told him all the time. he didn't feel the same way. i ended up falling hard for the new guy and moving out before the end of my lease. it never caused any drama between the two guys. the ex was upset with me...not the guy! it wasn't his fault

Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,375 times
I can't. I'm territorial by nature. So if something seems to be attached to another, then I set boundaries. I expect the same from others.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
No.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
I will definitely stick with my own husband and leave all the others husbands to their own wives.
No running around with a single guy either, I am married and I want to stay married because I actually like and love my husband and want to be with only him.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:25 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,435,565 times
upndown = "...us as outsiders are the ones going "this is sacred!" while the people in the actual relationship don't care about it in any meaningful way."

I am responsible for my actions, not theirs. I don't cheat and I don't date married women (call it bad karma) - those are things I control. If someone lies to me or doesn't tell me they're married then that's on them until I find out (which also reveals that they're untrustworthy). If they're in a sham / open marriage, then I probably don't want much to do with them anyway.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,418 times
throughout my years being in a relationship, I have had 4 women at various times showed 100% interest in me and would have been my fling on the side if I had wanted one. I refused every time.

I think in all my years being single, I only had one opportunity to have a fling with a woman who was currently in a relationship. I didnt pursue it, but I am pretty certain if I had, we could have had some fun one particular summer.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
If so, what would the circumstances need to be in order for you to go ahead and pursue it? Would it matter to you if the person was married? Long term (multiple years) monogamous couple? Have you ever been the "involved" person in this scenario? Did the new person make you realize what was lacking in your committed relationship?
that depends on what you mean by "relationship"

Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
See, this is my whole issue with this question. I realize that the vast majority of people say "as soon as someone has a significant other and certainly once they're married, then it's hands off." But in at least some, if not many, of these relationships there's seemingly nothing "sacred" about it to the people IN the relationships. In other words, us as outsiders are the ones going "this is sacred!" while the people in the actual relationship don't care about it in any meaningful way.

I mean, what, the woman in this story didn't realize she was married? Like "oopsie, that slipped my mind! Tee hee!"? No, she knew and she herself didn't care. Now, that's not fair to the guy, but that's also not your fault. But that's what we really are caring about. "What about the guy (in this instance)?" Right? Because we're saying to ourselves "wait, what if I was that guy? That shouldn't happen to me!"

I used to be of the mindset that it was "hands off," but now I think my feeling is that the people in the relationship should actually care about it. And if they do, then some man or woman coming around isn't going to affect them. So I say go for anyone you want. That's what they mean when they say "all's fair in love and war."
Not a popular position but one I agree with. I prefer not to deal with the baggage and drama that usually comes with someone who is attached but, sometimes, their relationship is already over. I will never say "never". I just might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships