Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 AM

448 posts, read 764,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
LOL ouch

Did a quick search on POF.com

These are what single women are looking for, I can't view their entire ads, (don't have an account there myself)

"is there any honest and good men out there"

"Please be worth my time
If you would like to know anything about me or what I do feel free to message me anytime."

"I'm not asking too much...
I love travelling, going to the beach, having nice dinners, going for long walks, spending time with friends, getting to know new people or doing anything that I'm in a mood for. I'm a sweet, "

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
What do these women look and act like? What do they bring to the table? I tried online dating for a short period of time and realized its worthless. That's actually where a lot of my thinking on this comes from. There are tons of women on dating sites who want a guy who looks good, has money, is "charming" and will treat them really nice. Then they go shopping for him. I'm sorry but if you're not a hot chick you're not going to get all of those. I feel its these same women that then go on dates with some guy who pretends to have money and acts nice to get her in bed, and then she gets upset and thinks all guys work like that.

Or at least that's my perception of it. That its totally acceptable for women to think their princesses when really their not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 07:24 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
What about all the "demands" some women have? Obviously you're older and that's going to change what you do. What about the young women who demand everything and act irritated when they don't get it? I'd say its almost a 50/50 split of women who act like that. Like they are too good to just date a normal guy.

PS. I'm not complaining or something, this is just something I have noticed and has nothing to really do with me.
I have kind of a skewed perspective... so it's hard for me to answer that. When I was in my 20s and such, I was the one woman in a group of friends (all the rest where men). So in a lot of ways, so I didn't have much insight into how other women though because I didn't hang around them.

But, I've been reading a lot of books lately--relationship books. And a common theme for women in those books is to adjust those high expectations. They'd list some of those expectations and I would think, "who the heck demands THAT?" But I would have to say enough women must have a lot of high demands if the authors of so many books thought it was worthy of putting it in there. I tend to think it might have more to do with immaturity and inexperience more so than anything else. It's certainly not all women though.

And I certainly feel men have every right to have standards too (and preferences). Which is why I answered the thread.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbara2013 View Post
Why women can have standards, but men can't?
It's because they have what men want, and they think their vagina is worth the price of platinum

Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 AM

529 posts, read 702,211 times
I was flipping through television channels one day and one of the daytime talk shows had this woman on who had something like a twenty page list of "must haves" for the man she would date. And she was middle-aged and also not hot (she was average, not ugly). And even the women were like "WTF, you might as well buy yourself a single burial plot right now."

Old 10-18-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Because I said so. I'm woman hear me roar!
OK, but when you're done, get me that sandwich.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 AM

See, the thing is that a lot of women want the "total package." It's like "OK, he has to be nice and also smart and also have a good job that I can brag about and also not be fat and also like to cook and also ..." And guys do that, too, but the difference is that as soon as they see a chick with a large rack all of the other stuff disappears. It's like "oh, she doesn't have a job ...well ...I can work with that." Whereas women will cling to their list desperately until they forced to knock off one or two things because they're now getting old.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
What do these women look and act like? What do they bring to the table? I tried online dating for a short period of time and realized its worthless. That's actually where a lot of my thinking on this comes from. There are tons of women on dating sites who want a guy who looks good, has money, is "charming" and will treat them really nice. Then they go shopping for him. I'm sorry but if you're not a hot chick you're not going to get all of those. I feel its these same women that then go on dates with some guy who pretends to have money and acts nice to get her in bed, and then she gets upset and thinks all guys work like that.

Or at least that's my perception of it. That its totally acceptable for women to think their princesses when really their not.
yeah.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 AM

448 posts, read 764,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I have kind of a skewed perspective... so it's hard for me to answer that. When I was in my 20s and such, I was the one woman in a group of friends (all the rest where men). So in a lot of ways, so I didn't have much insight into how other women though because I didn't hang around them.

But, I've been reading a lot of books lately--relationship books. And a common theme for women in those books is to adjust those high expectations. They'd list some of those expectations and I would think, "who the heck demands THAT?" But I would have to say enough women must have a lot of high demands if the authors of so many books thought it was worthy of putting it in there. I tend to think it might have more to do with immaturity and inexperience more so than anything else. It's certainly not all women though.

And I certainly feel men have every right to have standards too (and preferences). Which is why I answered the thread.
Yeah. Not to keep harping on this but I'm close friends with this one girl who just is not that great looking and can come off as kind of rude at times, but really she is a nice person. She has such a hard time finding dates. Yet rather than just going on dates with the guys who are interested in her she acts irritated that those are the only guys she attracts. I'm sorry but she's never going to get what she wants if she doesn't change.

Also I have my standards but I feel they are reasonably well adjusted according to who I am and what I present.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:38 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
It's been one week since you looked at me*Threw your arms in the air and said you're crazy*Five days since you tackled me,*I've still got the rug burns on both my knees*It's been three days since the afternoon*You realized it's not my fault, not a moment too soon*Yesterday you'd forgiven me,*And now I sit back and wait till you say you're sorry*

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
OK, but when you're done, get me that sandwich.
Here ya go......let me watch you eat it. Heh heh heh heh heh....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships