Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:17 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
How do you figure that?
Just going by the meatheads on this forum who come up with a new set of ways to bash women every single day. I've come to realise most of these threads are written by sad sacks with no social skills and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM

529 posts, read 701,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Just going by the meatheads on this forum who come up with a new set of ways to bash women every single day. I've come to realise most of these threads are written by sad sacks with no social skills and should be taken with a grain of salt.
Wow, you've read guys who bash women who don't use money as a criteria for choosing a mate? Or are you just angry at men?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Uh, you have to hide that, otherwise there's no way the guy will go for the trade. As demonstrated in the OP, it doesn't make any financial sense. If it's a pure looks-for-money trade, it's much more advantageous for the man to rent because he can continue to rent other women as he wants.
dude, i have no idea how old you are or what you dating experience is, but many men of means serially date very attractive women. that happens to be one of the reasons these type of guys worked so hard to get to this point, to have better options than being an average joe. (even though some average joe's do very well for themselves in dating hot women, kudos to them).

for me, i've come to the realization that many of the attractive women i date, date me in part for my financial status and security. (the other part is that i'm just a dam entertaining and descent looking guy to be around). do i complain about it? if i'm having a great time with them and banging them, i'm not sure there is anything to complain about it as long i'm the only one who knows my pin number to my ATM card.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
dude, i have no idea how old you are or what you dating experience is, but many men of means serially date very attractive women. that happens to be one of the reasons these type of guys worked so hard to get to this point, to have better options than being an average joe. (even though some average joe's do very well for themselves in dating hot women, kudos to them).

for me, i've come to the realization that many of the attractive women i date, date me in part for my financial status and security. (the other part is that i'm just a dam entertaining and descent looking guy to be around). do i complain about it? if i'm having a great time with them and banging them, i'm not sure there is anything to complain about it as long i'm the only one who knows my pin number to my ATM card.
Right, serial dating = renting. Marry = buying.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Right, serial dating = renting. Marry = buying.
it's no surprise wealthy men have been married several times.

and thank goodness marriage is slowing degrading to a less commitment and financial trap that it once was. as long as guys continue to buy into the marriage "happily ever after till death do us part" fantasy, some guys are just going to learn the hard way, like i did. oh well, you live and you learn, from the jaws of failure often comes the victory of success, a good dose of reality is often the best medicine, fool me once...

Old 10-18-2013, 10:30 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Upndown, you are a virgin who has never actualy had a relationship, correct?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Upndown, you are a virgin who has never actualy had a relationship, correct?
What happened, I insulted your mom?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:38 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Okay, so that's a yes, upndow is a virgin who has never dated anyone. I just wanted to remind the forum what a sage fellow you are, what a fountain of knowlege on this subject.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Okay, so that's a yes, upndow is a virgin who has never dated anyone. I just wanted to remind the forum what a sage fellow you are, what a fountain of knowlege on this subject.
It's a yes that I insulted your mom? Sorry, dude.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
As for the CEO of the company JP Morgan... Jamie Dimon... he's married and has been married to his college sweetheart since 1983.
...and I imagine he uses correct grammar, unlike the author of the post.

But the point that the girl would be wiser to make her own 500k than look for a guy is a good one.

For men here who fear gold diggers or alimony -- your solution is simple: Encourage your wife to pursue a career where she makes much more money than you do. And by 'encourage', I mean you do the majority of the housework and childcare, so she is free to study and build her career.

It's in your power, if you have the ballz to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships