Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 AM

134 posts, read 214,212 times

Advertisements

A young and pretty lady posted this on a popular forum:

Title: What should I do to marry a rich guy?

I’m going to be honest of what I’m going to say here.
I’m 25 this year. I’m very pretty, have style and good taste. I wish to marry a guy with $500k annual salary or above.
You might say that I’m greedy, but an annual salary of $1M is considered only as middle class in New York.
My requirement is not high. Is there anyone in this forum who has an income of $500k annual salary? Are you all married?
I wanted to ask: what should I do to marry rich persons like you?
Among those I’ve dated, the richest is $250k annual income, and it seems that this is my upper limit.
If someone is going to move into high cost residential area on the west of New York City Garden(?), $250k annual income is not enough.
I’m here humbly to ask a few questions:

1) Where do most rich bachelors hang out? (Please list down the names and addresses of bars, restaurant, gym)
2) Which age group should I target?
3) Why most wives of the riches are only average-looking? I’ve met a few girls who don’t have looks and are not interesting, but they are able to marry rich guys.
4) How do you decide who can be your wife, and who can only be your girlfriend? (my target now is to get married)
Ms. Pretty

Dear Ms. Pretty,
I have read your post with great interest. Guess there are lots of girls out there who have similar questions like yours. Please allow me to analyse your situation as a professional investor.
My annual income is more than $500k, which meets your requirement, so I hope everyone believes that I’m not wasting time here.
From the standpoint of a business person, it is a bad decision to marry you. The answer is very simple, so let me explain.
Put the details aside, what you’re trying to do is an exchange of “beauty” and “money” : Person A provides beauty, and Person B pays for it, fair and square.
However, there’s a deadly problem here, your beauty will fade, but my money will not be gone without any good reason. The fact is, my income might increase from year to year, but you can’t be prettier year after year.
Hence from the viewpoint of economics, I am an appreciation asset, and you are a depreciation asset. It’s not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is your only asset, your value will be much worse 10 years later.
By the terms we use in Wall Street, every trading has a position, dating with you is also a “trading position”.
If the trade value dropped we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term - same goes with the marriage that you wanted. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision any assets with great depreciation value will be sold or “leased”.
Anyone with over $500k annual income is not a fool; we would only date you, but will not marry you. I would advice that you forget looking for any clues to marry a rich guy. And by the way, you could make yourself to become a rich person with $500k annual income.This has better chance than finding a rich fool.

Hope this reply helps.

signed,
J.P. Morgan CEO

- A letter from JP Morgan CEO To Gold Diggers

Old 10-18-2013, 09:19 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Wonder what kind of woman he would marry?

Wish he would have gone into more detail around that.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:20 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
1) His money could decrease, he does not know for sure that it won't. Nothing is ever guaranteed, especially in banking these days and the financial markets. Just saying.
2) Despite the fact that looks fade over time, that still does not negate it's value in the present. In other words, Mr.J.P. Morgan will still want to marry a beautiful woman.
3) This will end up causing negative publicity for him business-wise, if it becomes popular.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:23 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Rich men are the farthest thing from gullible, which is why they are rich in the first place. They know a thing or two about life and they can see right through a gold digger within seconds.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:24 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
If JP Morgan is out looking for a woman then I am going to stockpile food and get a shot gun... the zombie apocalypse has begun! Why? JP Morgan died in died in 1913

As for the CEO of the company JP Morgan... Jamie Dimon... he's married and has been married to his college sweetheart since 1983.

But as a lesson on gold digging, I get the point.. and it's a good one. But it sounds like one of those urban legends where a perfectly good point gets associated with someone else (usually someone famous). I just can't see a CEO like that wasting his time on some bubble-head gold digger.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM

529 posts, read 702,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
1) His money could decrease, he does not know for sure that it won't. Nothing is ever guaranteed, especially in banking these days and the financial markets. Just saying.
2) Despite the fact that looks fade over time, that still does not negate it's value in the present. In other words, Mr.J.P. Morgan will still want to marry a beautiful woman.
3) This will end up causing negative publicity for him business-wise, if it becomes popular.
1) You're right, but this is the real world, not some fantasy land where we make up B.S. about "well, this is possible." It's possible the sun will explode at 3 PM today, so what? The reality is that he's most likely going to continue to make good money and it is definite that she will only get uglier as time passes.

2) Also true, but that would indicate that renting is a better proposition than buying, which is just what he said.

3) Why is it negative publicity? You think he's the first rich guy to figure this out? If so, LOLOLOLOLOL.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:30 AM

Oh, and before women get all angry about what I said, this is why you pursue people based on LOVE. If you decide to pursue people based on things like their job or their money, then prepare to be treated in that fashion. Now it's a pure financial transaction, as he said: you want to try to trade your looks for their money. And guess what? There are lots of women who look good, much more so than guys who have half-a-million dollar salaries. Supply and demand means you'd better think of something else.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:33 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
1) You're right, but this is the real world, not some fantasy land where we make up B.S. about "well, this is possible." It's possible the sun will explode at 3 PM today, so what? The reality is that he's most likely going to continue to make good money and it is definite that she will only get uglier as time passes.

2) Also true, but that would indicate that renting is a better proposition than buying, which is just what he said.

3) Why is it negative publicity? You think he's the first rich guy to figure this out? If so, LOLOLOLOLOL.
1) My point was that he shouldn't be so confident. It has happened.
2) I would agree with that if you are only trading beauty for money and vice versa, and nothing else.
3) No, but it's never a good idea when you're in business or politics to make controversial statements. You lose customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Oh, and before women get all angry about what I said, this is why you pursue people based on LOVE. If you decide to pursue people based on things like their job or their money, then prepare to be treated in that fashion. Now it's a pure financial transaction, as he said: you want to try to trade your looks for their money. And guess what? There are lots of women who look good, much more so than guys who have half-a-million dollar salaries. Supply and demand means you'd better think of something else.
I agree, but you need to preach that to both genders. Lets not pretend that hoards of men don't marry women only for their looks.

And to add to your point but in reverse, there are always richer men than him.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
1) My point was that he shouldn't be so confident. It has happened.
2) I would agree with that if you are only trading beauty for money and vice versa, and nothing else.
3) No, but it's never a good idea when you're in business to make controversial statements. You lose customers.
1) Like I said, it has happened but the odds are quite slim. If this guy is a CEO of JP Morgan, then even if he gets fired (unlikely), he gets a huge severance package AND he probably finds a job the next day. Meanwhile, she's just getting uglier no matter what.

2) Did you even read the woman's question?

3) Really? What customers are going to stop using JP Morgan due to this? Nobody. People who make financial decisions based on things such as this are poor.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
I don't believe for a second that Jamie Dimon actually wrote that, although that is a picture of him in the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships