Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:15 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^ That was awesome. I couldn't agree more.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 11:26 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,282 times
I have seen a trend. Young women like the really confident, cool, sauve etc, types that seem to do well with a lot of women.

As they age, their preference starts to lean towards the type that is more providerish, more likely to stick around for the long haul.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I have seen a trend. Young women like the really confident, cool, sauve etc, types that seem to do well with a lot of women.

As they age, their preference starts to lean towards the type that is more providerish, more likely to stick around for the long haul.
Yep. With age comes wisdom...finally figuring out what's really important and what lasts. And this is very important: Just because a guy is provider-ish (like that ) that doesn't mean he can't be exciting, sexy, passionate or fascinating/interesting. He can be all these things and be moral, mature, responsible, loving and caring with a good head on his shoulders. Really. His maturity will allow him to be all these things.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Yep. With age comes wisdom...finally figuring out what's really important and what lasts. And this is very important: Just because a guy is provider-ish (like that ) that doesn't mean he can't be exciting, sexy, passionate or fascinating/interesting. He can be all these things and be moral, mature, responsible, loving and caring with a good head on his shoulders. Really. His maturity will allow him to be all these things.
Eh, the first example can be all of that, they are just harder to tie down because they have so many options. The latter tends to be less of the sexy and interesting which makes them more likely to be in that provider role right out the gate without much wrangling from the woman. With age comes less of the ability to do said wrangling with the ultra attractive male.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,697,759 times
Manly man is a great and understanding father, husband, friend and a son with wisdom and all normal human traits in controll.

Manly man cries when sad, laughs when glad and gives buttocks of how world tries to set men just in one way to be a "manly man"... Kingrilla-type of men are not menly on my books, they are huligans...

Man - confident and wise adult

Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Eh, the first example can be all of that, they are just harder to tie down because they have so many options. The latter tends to be less of the sexy and interesting which makes them more likely to be in that provider role right out the gate without much wrangling from the woman. With age comes less of the ability to do said wrangling with the ultra attractive male.
I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of the former. Those gorgeous Adonis-like features and other-worldly build seem to convince their owners that they don't need humility, empathy or humanity. This can produce a COLD man. Would a smart woman want to "tie down" a cold man, even if she could? I don't think so. Sometimes men that gorgeous decide they're going to take the path of women throughout the centuries and make it through life on their looks. This would hardly work to place them in a provider role. It seems to me a man like this would be looking for someone to care for him financially, using his ultra-attractiveness as the sexual currency to achieve his objective.

With age comes less of the ability to do said wrangling with the ultra attractive male.

This is not only true for women; this is true for the male too as age closes in, even in the face of those well-worn trump cards often played by men: "game" and money. It's hard to use these as trump cards because many women have their own, in both of these. So as trump cards go, they are worth less now than they used to be.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of the former. Those gorgeous Adonis-like features and other-worldly build seem to convince their owners that they don't need humility, empathy or humanity. This can produce a COLD man. Would a smart woman want to "tie down" a cold man, even if she could? I don't think so. Sometimes men that gorgeous decide they're going to take the path of women throughout the centuries and make it through life on their looks. This would hardly work to place them in a provider role. It seems to me a man like this would be looking for someone to care for him financially, using his ultra-attractiveness as the sexual currency to achieve his objective.

With age comes less of the ability to do said wrangling with the ultra attractive male.

This is not only true for women; this is true for the male too as age closes in, even in the face of those well-worn trump cards often played by men: "game" and money. It's hard to use these as trump cards because many women have their own, in both of these. So as trump cards go, they are worth less now than they used to be.
I agree with the majority of this. Some attactive men do get into relationships and do not become "cold" though. It's just harder for that man to stay interested or tamed because he has so many options that most men don't. A lot of men (and women) don't understand this because it's not a tempation they deal with, nor do they understand the biological urges of men.

Yes, it is true for both sexes, there is an attractiveness wall. But let's be honest. The male attractiveness peak, both physically and mentally, is probably around 35, whereas a woman's is likely mid to late twenties and the downhill slope is much steeper for women. Also to that point, men aren't trying to tie women down, it is usually the other way around and to tie down a very attractive man will be very difficult as your looks decline.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I agree with the majority of this. Some attactive men do get into relationships and do not become "cold" though. It's just harder for that man to stay interested or tamed because he has so many options that most men don't. A lot of men (and women) don't understand this because it's not a tempation they deal with, nor do they understand the biological urges of men.

Yes, it is true for both sexes, there is an attractiveness wall. But let's be honest. The male attractiveness peak, both physically and mentally, is probably around 35, whereas a woman's is likely mid to late twenties and the downhill slope is much steeper for women. Also to that point, men aren't trying to tie women down, it is usually the other way around and to tie down a very attractive man will be very difficult as your looks decline.
If looks a woman's looks are all he cares about I tend to agree with the last statement of your post. However, women are not as interested in tying men down as they used to be. So this boils ultra-man's options down to women's younger sisters who have yet to learn the lessons the older sisters have learned.. This could also be due to the myriad of disappointments and indignities they may have suffered at the hands of men as they traversed their youth. This could tend to make a highly desirable woman somewhat wary and ambivalent about the attentions of men in general unless a specific ONE catches their discerning eye.

I suppose what I am trying to say here, is that a beautiful man who believes simply lying around being beautiful will be enough to sustain a viable relationship with a woman is certainly not the prize he believes himself to be.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

So a man showing any emotion to you is weakness and unattractive? i think some women confuse manliness with being an unemotional robot
Where on earth did I say that?

I said "stable emotions" not "zero emotions".

Some men will always pick on something you didn't say, rather than go to the trouble of trying to comprehend what you did say.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times
I have generally gone for men who some would consider "softer" - artists, musicians, writers, nerds, reading fanatics, etc. I like to have something to talk about with the guys I date.

But I'll tell you what, I have been watching "Parks and Recreation" and Ron Swanson just DOES it for me. I can't explain it, but I have got to get me some of that!

Anyone know where I can find one of those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships