Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times

Advertisements

I'm an A-hole, so if some psycho chick did this to me, I'd call there bluff and move out and inform the police of the situation.

They would probably take the air out of her sails pretty quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walking dead View Post
I moved out of my mom, and lived with my boyfriend for 1 and a half year. We were very happy at the beginning, but everything has changed till he found out I still have contact with my ex boyfriend. I knew I was wrong, I knew I shouldn't have kept contact with my ex, and lie about it. After this, he started to shout at me for small staffs. He is controlling. he doesnt let me speak to my friends, doesnt let me go out and even yell at me if I come home 10 mins late after work. he checks my texts, my facebook and asks me why I login to facebook and often accuses me of flirting with other guys when i am definately not. He even slap and kick me just because I cooked too much for brekfast. I argued with him one time in my car, he kept slaping my face while I was driving. when I stopped the car, he asked me if I sleep with my ex, I said I didn't. he punched my face, and said that's not the correct answer. he said if i don't give him a satisfy answer, he would keep punching my face. he was forcing me to say yes. after one hour, i really can't stand one more punch, I finally said yes. after so many punch, my face was so swollen. when i look at mirror, i can't believe that was me. i feel like i am living in hell everyday. he is not only threaten me physically and also mentally. ha always say hurtful things to me. every time when he gives me a angry face, my body started to shake and my heart beat raise fast. he also told me he would kill me and hurting my family if i leave. i feel so hopeless, and i don't want to make any decision that could possibly make my family involve, i love them so much. i tried to commit a suicide one time, but unfortuntely i was saved. i really do not know how i can live like this for over a year. I can do nothing right by this man, and i am actually scared of ending it. I feel like i have no way out. PLEASE PLEASE help.

If this post is real and you really need help, do not go home after work, go to the police, report everything he has done to you physically and tell them you are afraid to go home because he is violent.
If you have marks and bruises show them those marks and bruises.
When you get out and away from him though, do not be stupid enough to go back to him.

I do wonder though if he checks your facebook and all of that, what is he going to think about this thread when he finds it?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:48 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,766,843 times
I wonder what happened to "walking dead". Her only post of C-D was her initial post of this thread. I hope she is well and safe.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
There's a problem here. If you file assault (or domestic violence) charges against him and he is arrested for assault, the criminal law procedure will grind into motion. He is arraigned. Charges are read. He pleads. Bail is assigned or denied.

If he is released on bail or his own recognizance, this leaves you vulnerable, even if a protection order is issued. This is not a high profile type case, so there will be no police protection of your premises, more than likely.

What are you going to do, now?

It's an extremely difficult situation to get out of. I don't suggest you stay. The best option may be to simply vanish. But who can afford that?

A shelter is another option, but not without problems if you need to go to work.

You simply must get more information from domestic abuse and legal professionals before you make your decision.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:29 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walking dead View Post
i tried to commit a suicide one time, but unfortuntely i was saved. i really do not know how i can live like this for over a year. I can do nothing right by this man, and i am actually scared of ending it. I feel like i have no way out. PLEASE PLEASE help.
My heart just broke in pieces for you. Please do not believe for a second that you are responsible for other people's behaviors. No, you are not.

You are a valuable human being who will be greatly missed if you are gone. Don't kill yourself! Please.
1-800-suicide has a lot of trained counselors will listen to you 24/7. Give them a call. Tell them what you have been through. You are definitely not alone in your suffering and your pain.

Your scumbag abusive loser boyfriend is not a good man. I can't believe he would hit you, slap you verbally and physically abuse you. You don't deserve this.

Other people have given you great advice. Call 911 and never put yourself in this situation again. He should go to jail where he belongs.

Do you have a brother who can help you? Don't handle this by yourself, don't suffer in silence. Contact a professional secretly (Don't let your monster boyfriend know what you are doing though)

I just want to give you a big hug right now! Please take care of yourself and put yourself first before everybody else. Talk to your family, talk to a professional, talk to a therapist, talk to a counselor, and call 911 if you have to.

Wish you luck sweetie!

((((( )))))))

Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm an A-hole, so if some psycho chick did this to me, I'd call there bluff and move out and inform the police of the situation.

They would probably take the air out of her sails pretty quick.
You truly don't understand what it is to have your life threatened, or to have a woman you care for fearing for her well being and safety, do you? If you did, you wouldn't be so flip and casual.

OP, if this post is legitimate, I hope you are seeking a safehouse/shelter and pressing charges.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:10 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
lol @ everyone saying restraining order. The guy is a psycho, do you all really think a piece of paper is going to keep him away?

Exercise your 2nd amendment rights. Don't let the *******s trick you into thinking the police or a piece of paper will protect you when you really need it.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
OP is long gone.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
lol @ everyone saying restraining order. The guy is a psycho, do you all really think a piece of paper is going to keep him away?

Exercise your 2nd amendment rights. Don't let the *******s trick you into thinking the police or a piece of paper will protect you when you really need it.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
"LOL" to anybody who seriously thinks that a gun in the hands of a likely smaller, fearful person with zero firearm training or experience is not incredibly likely to be easily used to harm the very person it's intended to protect. Except I'm not really laughing.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OP is long gone.
But, sadly, probably not the only reader in an abusive situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships