Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Wow....that is just a mean thing to say.
I must have struck a nerve for so many guys to chime in all of a sudden.

You haven't seen a woman who was heavy or had bad skin, crooked teeth, excessively plain looks and no sense of style and imagined that she could be the poster child for some modern form of old maidhood? It's not mean or particularly judgmental. It's just what you could surmise based on what you've observed. Men are very visual, remember?

Who hasn't wondered what these men must be like in real life? I actually like one of my coworkers quite well. I'm the same age as his parents, for gosh sakes. I look at everyone and wonder what makes them tick. So what if I've pegged two guys in my office as plain and virginal? It's probably a good guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 12:59 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I must have struck a nerve for so many guys to chime in all of a sudden.

You haven't seen a woman who was heavy or had bad skin, crooked teeth, excessively plain looks and no sense of style and imagined that she could be the poster child for some modern form of old maidhood? It's not mean or particularly judgmental. It's just what you could surmise based on what you've observed. Men are very visual, remember?

Who hasn't wondered what these men must be like in real life? I actually like one of my coworkers quite well. I'm the same age as his parents, for gosh sakes. I look at everyone and wonder what makes them tick. So what if I've pegged two guys in my office as plain and virginal? It's probably a good guess.
Honestly, I don't. If I did, it would probably signify that I need to do something constructive with my time than make inferences about random people.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Talkin' about the men who believe that all women cheat on their partners, are gold-diggers, and instantly lose respect and sexual attraction for a man if he is polite to her or loves his kids. The ones who think women are naturally asexual, and only have sex in order to get their hands on a man's money. The ones who think a woman who is smart is necessarily judgmental, and a woman who is honest must be mean.

Why can't these men find women to marry them? Or even get laid?
Reason why my misogynist rardar is usually on REALLY high. Even towards women who also hate women.

For guys you meet who aren't women-hating, they could also be players or two-timers.

A guy who's worth my time talking to, usually is a bit more broad minded/considerate. They usually are pro-active/productive with their lives.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:42 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Honestly, I don't. If I did, it would probably signify that I need to do something constructive with my time than make inferences about random people.
Well it's best you didn't then, since the thought police will get you every time.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that you could *gasp* approach men? And, no, I'm not saying ask if they want to hop in the sack. I mean ask if they want to spend time together, meet for coffee, etc.
Yes, it had occured to me, it went something like this..."I think he is looking at me...oh, he is, I'll just kinda look at him for a sec and smile a little...uh, maybe if I'm somewhat friendly-ish he'll come over and talk to me..nope just looked like a deer in the headlights and exited stage right".
I think I'm just too beautiful...its scary for them ya know?
Not really, I'm kidding. I suppose people just make assumptions about other people. It IS scary being in that position, and the expectations and the split second decisions...I think what it means is, the only ones who GET what they are interested in, are the ones who are overly confident, to the point of arrogance, or the ones who are almost expecting the worst? I don't know, I'm not a guy.
Me? I guess I'm a little old fashioned. I am not really aggressive, I still think that guys who are REALLY interested will make the first move.
Weired dichotomy isn't it?
Maybe instead of posting my weired dilemmas here, I'll just keep wondering about it, and SOMEDAY when I'm ready, I'll do the approaching...What a concept,*gasp, its like I have a real life away from the computer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships