Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 09:46 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
My guess is that there are a lot more of these men than you think. It isn't like they are vocal about their ideas. My guess is that most of them are not young men, but more likely past 40, divorced. They are guys who have never read any internet sites about not marrying, its just they got burned in their marriage, and they have decided never again. So they may date, but marry, NO.

And I do know some men like this. The norm used to be, get married, and if you got divorced, get married again, because that's the way it is and if you're not married, you'll be alone. Now there are a lot more single people, and lots of potential friends for various activities, so its not like if you're not married, you're home alone the rest of your life. So if life looks better doing things with your buddies than trying to keep a woman happy, my guess is that that is the option they're taking.
THIS.

Girlfriends, wives and lovers come and go but your good buddies are what I've learned matters most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Republican Civil War Erupts: Business Groups v. Tea Party - Bloomberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Entitlement mentality covers much more than just relationships.... and at the risk of going political... I'll leave it alone......

Republicans?
I used to think of republicans as the entitlement party until I met some libertarians.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:59 PM

543 posts, read 533,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I haven't been here in a while, and am somewhat surprised to see what appears to be continuations of threads that I read a few months ago, although stated in different words...
To be honest, I have a lot of the same problems most single people do...why am I not having success in meeting someone new? Is there something wrong with me? Do I have a strange look that I'm not aware of? What is it about me that seems to make guys-even though I catch them looking at me out of the corner of my eye-not pursue? Am I giving off a vibe that I'm not aware of?
I've said before-I'm not dating right now, I'm trying to get my "act" together, to present myself in a confident way. But, I wonder...why don't men approach me?
I am dissillusioned with o.l.d networks, I just don't have the time and energy for it, but, why don't more men just approach women? Out in real life? Is it really THAT scary? Or is it ME?
Did it ever occur to you that you could *gasp* approach men? And, no, I'm not saying ask if they want to hop in the sack. I mean ask if they want to spend time together, meet for coffee, etc.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:07 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I used to think of republicans as the entitlement party until I met some libertarians.
???????

Old 10-19-2013, 11:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Ill take your word for it. See I'm not gonna lie many of these topics have come up among male friends/acquaintances etc, but I've never heard them around women.

I'm sure as a woman, you and other women discuss certain things about males that you don't really say to them when they're there
Honestly? I don't. Maybe when I was in my 20s, and of course I'll listen to a girlfriend who is going through a tough time or break-up. But at this point in my life, well, how can I say this tactfully, there's no new news here.

That's why I find this forum so entertaining. So many people here freaking out over small things that ultimately mean nothing in the grand scheme of life--"OMG, am I texting too soon?" "OMG, what does it mean when he/she said this?" "OMG, I got rejected!" "OMG, who pays for the date?"--or talking about their problems as though they were the first and only people ever to have them. Many of them serve as stunning examples of First World problems, to boot, which is why I have so little patience for what I see as whining.

This entry on Raptitude can apply to about 90% of the romantic woes people write about on here.

6 helpful reminders for the overwhelmed person

I suppose I shouldn't promote that too much, because if everyone suddenly got some perspective, this place would tank.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:45 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Talkin' about the men who believe that all women cheat on their partners, are gold-diggers, and instantly lose respect and sexual attraction for a man if he is polite to her or loves his kids. The ones who think women are naturally asexual, and only have sex in order to get their hands on a man's money. The ones who think a woman who is smart is necessarily judgmental, and a woman who is honest must be mean.

Why can't these men find women to marry them? Or even get laid?
All women do not cheat. It can be vice versa.

polite in what way?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I work with two young men who are both single and have no prospects. I have no idea what they think because they are both so introverted that nothing comes out in public. They would be almost unidentifiable in a crowd. They're so plain it's almost painful to look at them.

I imagine theirs are the faces of the multitude of online virgins.

Last edited by ellie; 10-20-2013 at 07:25 AM..

Old 10-20-2013, 09:26 AM

543 posts, read 533,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I work with two young men who are both single and have no prospects. I have no idea what they think because they are both so introverted that nothing comes out in public. They would be almost unidentifiable in a crowd. They're so plain it's almost painful to look at them.

Really?! That's such a horrible statement or maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. Is plain now seen as something to be scorned for? Something so objectionable, that anything (no matter how much worse) may be better than being plain. Just in the effort to stand out.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Really?! That's such a horrible statement or maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. Is plain now seen as something to be scorned for? Something so objectionable, that anything (no matter how much worse) may be better than being plain. Just in the effort to stand out.
That was my thought as well. I've never seen someone so plain that it's painful to look at them.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That was my thought as well. I've never seen someone so plain that it's painful to look at them.
This guy is apparently.

And many women were happy enough to let me know about it also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships