Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,107,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe he just needs to chill out and stop hyper analyzing everything. Stop worrying about finding someone to marry, or who had sex with who, and just relax and have some fun and meet people. Jeez. It really is simple.
That's what I've always done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 08:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,656,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I see guys of below-average looks with women all the time.
So? I never said otherwise.

Quote:
I mean, since women don't have to wear any sort of sign on themselves that advertises how many people they have slept with - I really don't know how many guys she's "banged."
Who is "she" , anyway? Some hypothetical person?

Quote:
And I'm not sure why you would assume that just because women CAN have casual sex easily - that they ALL have sex easily. I could have slept with a ton of guys - but I didn't.
Uh, actually, I explicitly stated that it didn't apply to all women.

Quote:
But in terms of the tone of this thread - well, I've never seen a hot guy with a girl that was less attractive than me and thought, "Waaaaahhhh!!! Life is soooooo unfair!!!"
Why would you? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, or why.

I also don't understand why reading comprehension sucks so badly on this forum. I am definitely wasting my time here.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:48 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,269,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Here's the rub though: they generally can't get men out of their league to commit to them, which is what they're really after. And the ironic part is they get less attractive as commitment material to all men, not just the ones out of their league, when they play fast and loose. Men just hate the fact that women have the power to go out and get laid so easily, which I'll admit is a neat little trick I wish I possessed. To men that ability would heaven on earth, but for women it's truly a double edged sword.
There's some truth to this. I see it vice versa as well. A man who cleans up his act, may not be all that marketable in his 30's if he has no children. There's a stigma that can tend to haunt men and women. That stigma is marriage and children, if you are in a demographic that is known for having children and being married. People can tend to look at you as there's something wrong with you if you have never been married or had children.

In my demographic, I know a few women who have been in relationships that are bad to the outside onlooker, but they don't want to give up on it. To me, it goes back to what I have always thought. People don't want to feel as if they have failed, and this seems especially true with women. It's the mindset of I hope this person turns the corner. If the guy turns the corner, then does it even matter how long it took him to get there? It's when you over stay your welcome, that women have a tendency to feel that they have failed. It's looking at yourself in the mirror and admitting defeat. It goes back to nurchuring. Just as women stand a better chance of standing behind their bad children than their father would. We are just two different types of people, but it takes both of us to keep the world in check.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So? I never said otherwise.

Who is "she" , anyway? Some hypothetical person?

Uh, actually, I explicitly stated that it didn't apply to all women.

Why would you? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, or why.

I also don't understand why reading comprehension sucks so badly on this forum.
Um - I'm talking about the thread. How it seems to be a bunch of guys bemoaning the fact that they believe that women can date out of their league but guys can't. I just don't get it.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Um - I'm talking about the thread.
Then you shouldn't have used to second person pronoun "You" to address me directly.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Then you shouldn't have used to second person pronoun "You" to address me directly.
I'm aware of that. I was addressing you directly when I used the word "you." When I wasn't addressing you directly, I didn't use "you."

We obviously do not think on the same wavelength and that's totally fine.

Live your life the way you please. I just don't see the point in wasting time on silly things like leagues, who is hotter, how sl#tty a girl is, etc. I just meet people and take it from there.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Live your life the way you please.
thanks.

i'm glad that, after you totally butcher what i've said and put words in my mouth, you decide to grant me permission to live my life how i please.

it's been a real nice chat.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
thanks.

i'm glad that, after you totally butcher what i've said and put words in my mouth, you decide to grant me permission to live my life how i please.

it's been a real nice chat.
I'm not sure why you are being so unpleasant. Oh well. Have a nice day!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,930,371 times
Maybe leagues are more regional? Or I am oblivious to them?

I can look around just about any environment, situation, etstablishment, etc, which I am in and see couples with various levels of attractiveness together, both compared to everyone else and to each other within each couple. I cannot say I have been slapped in the face observing an over abundance of couples where the man is clearly more attractive than the woman in the relationship.

That said, I do not put much weight into it in terms of my own LTR's or now my marriage either. Yes, I am incredibly attracted to my wife. Which of us is "more" attractive to a third party observer? Never really thought of it, nor do I care. I did not build a relationship or marry her because of her appearance, looks, etc, comparative to the rest of the female population. My attraction to her is important but secondary to the beauty of who she is, how she thinks, how we get along and interact, and how we share direction, purpose, goals, etc in life.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Maybe leagues are more regional? Or I am oblivious to them?

I can look around just about any environment, situation, etstablishment, etc, which I am in and see couples with various levels of attractiveness together, both compared to everyone else and to each other within each couple. I cannot say I have been slapped in the face observing an over abundance of couples where the man is clearly more attractive than the woman in the relationship.

That said, I do not put much weight into it in terms of my own LTR's or now my marriage either. Yes, I am incredibly attracted to my wife. Which of us is "more" attractive to a third party observer? Never really thought of it, nor do I care. I did not build a relationship or marry her because of her appearance, looks, etc, comparative to the rest of the female population. My attraction to her is important but secondary to the beauty of who she is, how she thinks, how we get along and interact, and how we share direction, purpose, goals, etc in life.
Quit the crazy talk!!!

I totally agree.

If anything - I would say that I think of leagues more in terms of class than in looks. Honestly, I think people usually stay within their own social class "league" more than their attractiveness "league."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships