Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post

plus i am going to go out on a limb here an say most frequent posters here come here for the entertainment value of it. you honestly don't believe these long time posters with 1000s of reps are here seeking advice do you? hell no, no one could be that screwed up.... or maybe i'm wrong lol

I've been coming here since 2008 still trying to get the same girl i fell in love with when i was 15 who didnt love me back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 01:33 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've been coming here since 2008 still trying to get the same girl i fell in love with when i was 15 who didnt love me back.
Holy bovines man, me too! .

Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
okay one more from me:

5. talkaboutmarriage.com: for those married, separated, or divorced couples going through difficult times. it was so helpful for me at least when i need something better than what i found here on CDR.
Was just going to post this. Great site. Plus no ridiculous PG 13 restriction. How on Earth are you supposed to discuss adult topics when you can't use adult language?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Dating Advice - Dating Coach Evan Marc Katz -
He posts a short piece, then there may be 10s or 100s of comments to pore through in response.

The video promos sound great but are useless.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:30 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The video promos sound great but are useless.
I offered the link for the comments on it, *not* to promote the blog owner himself nor his pay-for-service projects.
Just posted the link as place where people had lively discussions, that's all.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I offered the link for the comments on it, *not* to promote the blog owner himself nor his pay-for-service projects.
Just posted the link as place where people had lively discussions, that's all.

Actually I should clarify that...as far a I am aware, the videos are perfectly fine, it's just that the YouTube links for many of the videos are broken because the person's YouTube account has been terminated. So the website has teasers for videos that sound great but which you can't watch. Just had a moment of snarkiness there.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Actually I should clarify that...as far a I am aware, the videos are perfectly fine, it's just that the YouTube links for many of the videos are broken because the person's YouTube account has been terminated. So the website has teasers for videos that sound great but which you can't watch. Just had a moment of snarkiness there.
Ah, okay-I get it now. Your dismay is with regard to broken links, I hadn't realized that.
It's too bad that the YT vids no longer work, I wonder if one did a search they might be uploaded by someone else ?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:03 PM

147 posts, read 327,599 times
It's Not a Match.com | Sometimes people you meet on the Internet are ****ing crazy

Not a relationship advice site per se, more of a "misery loves company" when it comes to online dating. I think he's hilarious. Unfortunately, the site owner has a girlfriend and doesn't post much anymore and has guest writers, but the archives are still there. I also bought his book - really funny.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:39 AM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie4530 View Post
It's Not a Match.com | Sometimes people you meet on the Internet are ****ing crazy

Not a relationship advice site per se, more of a "misery loves company" when it comes to online dating. I think he's hilarious. Unfortunately, the site owner has a girlfriend and doesn't post much anymore and has guest writers, but the archives are still there. I also bought his book - really funny.
This paragraph should probably be embroidered on a pillow at the top of this subforum:

Quote:
And that’s all I need to know about the nice guy argument. Kristin didn’t dislike this guy for being nice, she disliked him for being, well, him. She just wasn’t into him. So when he did the things that every man would do on a second date, that you really SHOULD do on a second date to express your interest, they creeped her out. Because she didn’t like him–which is totally fine and totally within her rights to do. But then why does she, and many other women, rope nice guys into it? Well, because nice guys implicitly make you feel guilty. They treat you well, then you feel like a jerk for not liking them, and then translate that into feeling annoyed at the nice guy for putting all his expectations of niceness on her. Well, that, and his sweaty hands. So really, it’s not about nice guys at all, it’s just about regular ol’ dating. And now I feel marginally better about humanity.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:29 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
For those of you curious about matters that are less vanilla:
Vagina Antics | Sometimes sweet. Always naughty.

(probably NSFW for most people...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships