Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:00 AM

382 posts, read 336,653 times

Advertisements

I posted about a week ago. A girl in my class seemed like she was interested. I texted her, no reply...I didn't think she knew who it was...she called me so I could save her number in my phone. I don't think she saved my number in her phone.

We were supposed to meet up and study for the test. Well Wednesday came along and she no-showed for the test. After class I was like screw it I'm going to text her. I texted her she texted back. She said her father was in the hospital with heart problems. I said I hope he is ok, sorry to hear that. I went on about how my father had throat cancer and is still alive and that she seems like a strong person im sure she gets it from him.

She responded back pretty quickly to my texts and she just said wow that's rough im glad your dad is doing well my dad will be ok and I definitely get it from him.

I just left it at that. Any suggestions. I don't want to be insensitive or pushy when her father iis in the hospital but she's very attractive and has a down to earth personality.

Class is this Wednesday...any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 AM

529 posts, read 702,014 times
Based on the responses to other threads in this forum, I would say that the consensus is you move on.

And before anyone complains, that's the advice always given. You show interest, no reciprocation? Tell them to eff off and move on.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:30 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Be supportive but don't be putting moves on her . she's vulnerable. Be mindfull of her feelings and fears ,be there to listen to her and share your feelings as well IF SHE ASKS. The relationship should not be built on tragedy, so give her time to get through it . You might even find out the kind of relationship she has with her dad, That can be a clue as to the kind of relationship she might expect out of the person she hopes to connect with.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
sorry brudda, shes not interested. move on!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,679 times
You know her better than we do, apply the "Brad Pitt" test on her. Imagine that instead of you, Brad Pitt had asked this same woman to study with him. Would she use the same excuse with him? If Brad Pitt asked her to study with him, would she still say she can't do it because her father was in the hospital with heart problems?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Based on the responses to other threads in this forum, I would say that the consensus is you move on.

And before anyone complains, that's the advice always given. You show interest, no reciprocation? Tell them to eff off and move on.
UM NO, don't tell her to eff off (what is wrong with you guys!?)

Just back off and let her set the tone for what your friendship/relationship will ultimately entail. I hope that even if she doesn't indicate she wants to date you. you won't just blow her off as a friend. Then she will know that all your "concern" was fraudulent.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Be supportive but don't be putting moves on her . she's vulnerable.
This.

If she is in fact, going through this, she could use some support, and that can possibly earn you major brownie points.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
UM NO, don't tell her to eff off (what is wrong with you guys!?)

Just back off and let her set the tone for what your friendship/relationship will ultimately entail. I hope that even if she doesn't indicate she wants to date you. you won't just blow her off as a friend. Then she will know that all your "concern" was fraudulent.
Why does she get to decide how their friendship should be? nonsense, let her decide nothing.

OP, go right ahead and waste your time pursing someone who is not interested, OR you can spend your time finding someone who is; its your choice.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:07 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why does she get to decide how their friendship should be? nonsense, let her decide nothing.

OP, go right ahead and waste your time pursing someone who is not interested, OR you can spend your time finding someone who is; its your choice.
Because he has already made all the moves he can. He has showed her that he likes her and wants to be her friend or more. He put the offer on the table, so of course it is now her decision which it will be. That seems sort of...obvious?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Because he has already made all the moves he can. He has showed her that he likes her and wants to be her friend or more. He put the offer on the table, so of course it is now her decision which it will be. That seems sort of...obvious?
Its also obvious she isn't acknowledging him. But its ok, if he wants to be in the friends folder, so be it; hear its a lovely place to be in. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships