U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 PM

3,499 posts, read 4,361,028 times

Advertisements

My whole romantic story can be summed up as follows.

When I was growing and maturing, I met my would be wife. I demanded I'd meet her. I was young, confused and socially awkward...and suddenly she was there. Only, one problem...she was in a relationship.

Truth be told, I knew she'd be my wife even before I had met her. Sometimes you just know...the world just spells it out for you. Of course, knowing and believing are two different things...

So, patiently I waited. The couple in question was young. Relationships end, by definition. I waited, friendly but distant, nice. I got to know her a bit, but I never crossed the line. I'm not that type of guy. Fast forward three years later and the couple in question, young as they are, got married (this summer).

The guy, however, if he is able (which he is) to put one and one together, knows that I think we were supposed to be together (probably why he married her so quickly...). I remember telling him, at different points in our relationship, "sometimes you just know..", and also me demanding that he "bring her to me...".

I don't know where the girl in question is with all this. Ideally, she knows nothing of what's about to happen to her. I worked very hard to ensure that.

I'm not sure what's going to happen myself, but I can read the signs. Life isn't this coincidental, I'm sorry. It feels like fate/destiny to me...like I'm living my life in reverse to the point where I'm married to her, where it will go back to normal after. I'm just sitting back and watching it all unfold. I've been doing exactly that for the last 3 years, having come to terms with the fact of her unavailability and preoccupying myself with other things (if you love her, let her leave..you know?) yet I find I can't escape her...not having tried, not having not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 05:56 PM

17,868 posts, read 19,740,409 times
So I'm sure there's a creepy scale around here, and I think you're somewhere at the top of that creepy scale.

It's OK though, you can pretend that you're her wife. All you have to do is get a picture of the 2, cut off the dude's head and paste in your own, and voila! You're now married to her!

I don't understand this pining away thing that so many men do. It just doesn't make sense, I've never felt that way before.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:58 PM

34,093 posts, read 40,098,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So I'm sure there's a creepy scale around here, and I think you're somewhere at the top of that creepy scale.

It's OK though, you can pretend that you're her wife. All you have to do is get a picture of the 2, cut off the dude's head and paste in your own, and voila! You're now married to her!

I don't understand this pining away thing that so many men do. It just doesn't make sense, I've never felt that way before.
You took the words outta my mouth!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM

35,103 posts, read 46,833,651 times
It is hard for me to believe that the "Love of your life" never dated you, barely knew you and did not marry you yet
is the love of your life.
Is she aware that she is the love of your life yet married someone else?

You seriouslly need to seek professional therapy, stay away from this young couple, get off the computer and go out into the real world of real women who are not married to someone else and experience real life.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM

I'm not pining though...

The truth is, if I never saw or spoke to either one of them for the rest of my life, I'd be ok with it. It puzzles me why they got married in the first place.

I just know my life doesn't seem to be letting that happen. Like I said, too many coincidences for it not to happen.

Or maybe I'm wrong, in which case...that's fine too.

I just see how things will develop/progress...hindsight is 20/20. I use it all the time.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Is she aware that she is the love of your life yet married someone else?
No.

Quote:
You seriouslly need to seek professional therapy,
Done.
Quote:
stay away from this young couple
Done.
Quote:
get off the computer and go out into the real world of real women who are not married to someone else and experience real life.
Done.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 PM

21,188 posts, read 23,430,380 times
Umm... I think you might be insane.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:06 PM

21,188 posts, read 23,430,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I'm not pining though...

The truth is, if I never saw or spoke to either one of them for the rest of my life, I'd be ok with it. It puzzles me why they got married in the first place.

I just know my life doesn't seem to be letting that happen. Like I said, too many coincidences for it not to happen.

Or maybe I'm wrong, in which case...that's fine too.

I just see how things will develop/progress...hindsight is 20/20. I use it all the time.
Because they love each other? I've never heard of a couple getting married because some guy that they barely knew was pining for the bride. Do you also think that you control the tides and the earth's orbit?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 PM

17,868 posts, read 19,740,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You took the words outta my mouth!
So I went looking for some funny youtube clip about taking words out of people's mouths, and I didn't find that. I found meatloaf singing though, hope you like meatloaf's songs.

You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) - YouTube

Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 PM

66 posts, read 65,302 times
see some series of "Friends" with friends - they ll tell you what to do - if they are right friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships