Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times

Advertisements

When I was around 15, I was dating this guy and we were in the Grand Army Plaza area in Brooklyn. The street is huge and it always scared me to cross it. We were about to depart from our date and he noticed my trepidation about crossing the street. He turned back and I do not recall what he said but he held my hand and walked me across the street. I know it sounds silly but it was just so sweet and it made me feel cared for and safe. What's yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Stayed with me. 38 years so far.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:00 AM

270 posts, read 968,144 times
This was a long time ago, back when email existed, but before WiFi and Internet cafes. I did not have access to email for 3 weeks because I was backpacking through Europe. As soon as my BF dropped me off at the airport he emailed me a love note and then continued to send love notes at least once per day for 3 weeks straight.
Could you imagine sending a love note every day for 3 weeks without getting a reply?
I think I sent him one postcard in all of that time.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
He knew I loved children and while on a date he drove his car over to get it washed by the tiny boy scouts.He over tipped them and they were jumping up and down thanking him.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
I don't know if it's endearing, because in retrospect I didn't like the fact that he was in pain the whole time. But the man I am seeing now took me out on a particular dive (we are both scuba divers). This was before he told me that he was interested in me BTW. I knew I had an attraction to him, just wasn't sure if he had one to me.

Anyway, he lives far away, and I had traveled to his place to visit with him. Every time I visit him, he takes time out of his very busy schedule to take me diving... some really nice dives too. He always makes it special somehow. This time, he took me out on a scooter (never used one before) to take me to a secret dive spot he likes. His friends found out he was taking me and were a little jealous saying he never takes them out on scooters and they've been bugging him for months. They asked me what I said to him to make him take me on the scooter--truth is, it was his idea and I never asked. That made me feel special. As for the dive, I had a great time and loved it. The scooters were so much fun (it was like holding on to a torpedo) and a sealion made friends with me on the dive. It was one of the best dives I went on all year.

Well, what I didn't know is he had a toothache that morning. Diving makes it worse because not only are you biting on a regulator the whole time, but the pressure changes can be hell on something like a bad tooth. He knew diving would make it worse (he's an instructor and the one who taught me about things like tooth squeezes). But he hid the pain from me and showed me a great time anyway. It was only by evening, when he was in terrible pain and couldn't mask it anymore that I knew what he'd done. He knew diving was going to equal a lot of pain later, but he didn't want to disappoint me.

In a way it was endearing that he put such value on my joy... but he better never do something like that again. I don't want him to be hurt or in pain at all. You wouldn't believe the concern I had for him afterwards--to see him hurting so much (and the guilt I felt knowing I was indirectly the cause).

But I never had a man do something like that for me... put me so far above his own needs like that.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
We were 15...he made me a mixed tape of the songs I liked. What made it more special to me was that we really didn't like the same music. He was more disco/dance and I was more rock/new wave but when we hung out together we listened to both.

And then he labled the tape, "For my Bellakin" and put a heart on it. I still have that tape lol

Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Stayed by my side during a tumor diagnosis and surgical removal. We'd been seeing one another only a couple of months, and he didn't have to do that. We're getting married in a few months.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
We're getting married in a few months.

you deserve it.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
When I was around 15, I was dating this guy and we were in the Grand Army Plaza area in Brooklyn. The street is huge and it always scared me to cross it. We were about to depart from our date and he noticed my trepidation about crossing the street. He turned back and I do not recall what he said but he held my hand and walked me across the street. I know it sounds silly but it was just so sweet and it made me feel cared for and safe. What's yours?
He makes me feel I am the most beautiful girl in the world!

I love the way he holds me, kisses me, looks at me.

It is not one particular thing that he did, it is the feeling that I have inside me. i just knew the first time I saw him, my heart will belong to him forever.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:42 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Stayed by my side during a tumor diagnosis and surgical removal. We'd been seeing one another only a couple of months, and he didn't have to do that. We're getting married in a few months.
He's a good man for sure. Congrats on your recovery and the upcoming wedding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships