Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 12:58 PM

322 posts, read 503,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Because you are.
No I'm not. I don't sleep with women if I'm not dating them. It's not my thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:00 PM

322 posts, read 503,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
I didn't read all the posts here. Im just going to answer the questions. Women assume this because most men ARE thinking about that. I cant even believe this was a question that needed to be asked. I LOL when I read this. Most women know that if you are breathing and can stand upright, there will be tons of men that will want to have sex with you. And you don't have to be some beauty queen for them to want to just scr*w you.

Now, this doesn't mean that a man cant simply do something for you to be nice, or neighborly, or whatever. But that doesn't change the fact that sex is NEVER far from the forefront of a man's mind when it comes to the opposite sex.

Never mind what some folks on CD say. What do you see in real life?? More sex fiends than not, I bet.
Yeah, and It's a shame these guys can't control themselves.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,956,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Because you are.
Wrong.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:47 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,714,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that both the man and the woman both want to have sex with each other and really enjoy it? That is isn't a transaction of expectation and reward for anything at all?
Did it ever occur to you that a woman can agree to go out with a man to see if there was an attraction, and then wind up passing on that prospect because she IS NOT ATTRACTED to the man sexually? Is he owed sex even if she does not find him physically attractive? I don't think or believe I owe a man anything if he invites me on a date and I accept--EXCEPT:

Show up, on time, be nice, be fun, be polite, look good, smell good, sound good and be a classy lady, meaning: insist that he respect your physical and emotional boundaries and be sure to thank him for an enjoyable evening out. PERIOD.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:09 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,182,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that a woman can agree to go out with a man to see if there was an attraction, and then wind up passing on that prospect because she IS NOT ATTRACTED to the man sexually? Is he owed sex even if she does not find him physically attractive? I don't think or believe I owe a man anything if he invites me on a date and I accept--EXCEPT:

Show up, on time, be nice, be fun, be polite, look good, smell good, sound good and be a classy lady, meaning: insist that he respect your physical and emotional boundaries and be sure to thank him for an enjoyable evening out. PERIOD.
In that situation I don't believe that anyone as stated that a woman should put out if she isn't attracted to the man. That's not even what the poster you're replying to is addressing.

He's saying in the case that both people are mutually sexually attracted to each other.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:11 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,221,073 times
Because like so many assumptions a reasonable person would make, it is based on reality.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:41 PM

112 posts, read 117,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
Yeah, and It's a shame these guys can't control themselves.
What's a shame is that men and the masculine, not to mention the male sex drive and male sexuality, has been so demonized in our feminized culture that men such as the OP feel the need to apologize for it. Men's urges are natural, and there's absolutely no need to hide them, apologize for them, supplicate to women because of them or otherwise do anything else.

Of course, there is a difference between being tactful and boorish, but there's no ned to be ashamed of seeing an attractive woman and thinking about having sex with her. I think this is why some men's baseline self esteem is so low, since the day they first noticed an attractive woman, men have been told that their natural urges are dirty, disrespectful, violent, objectifying, dehumanizing and all other manner of wrong.

It's really quite sad.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,749,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
What's a shame is that men and the masculine, not to mention the male sex drive and male sexuality, has been so demonized in our feminized culture that men such as the OP feel the need to apologize for it. Men's urges are natural, and there's absolutely no need to hide them, apologize for them, supplicate to women because of them or otherwise do anything else.

Of course, there is a difference between being tactful and boorish, but there's no ned to be ashamed of seeing an attractive woman and thinking about having sex with her. I think this is why some men's baseline self esteem is so low, since the day they first noticed an attractive woman, men have been told that their natural urges are dirty, disrespectful, violent, objectifying, dehumanizing and all other manner of wrong.

It's really quite sad.
If you have tact, class, manners, morals and the know how to interact it's not bad.I agree big rude crude boorish men lack a lot and usually are unwanted advances.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:33 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,400,290 times
Quote:
I think this is why some men's baseline self esteem is so low, since the day they first noticed an attractive woman, men have been told that their natural urges are dirty, disrespectful, violent, objectifying, dehumanizing and all other manner of wrong.
Its up to personal responsibility to enjoy the urges for what they are and not be concerned with what we are
"told". However, I agree with your point to an extent in some education processes when you are young.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:35 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,017,451 times
Quote:

It's really quite sad.
If by "feminized culture" you mean a culture in which women are no longer sexually harassed, stalked or threatened, then bring it on. It's all about self control and discipline and not feeling entitled to do/say whatever you want to whoever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships