Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:52 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Unfortunate? oh right, you're into women in their 40-50's
yeah i was going to say, isn't this guy the guy with the milf or something

anyway sometimes women give their numbers to men they don't like, but not here. not out of the blue when you didn't ask. that's pretty much waving a sign with "i'm interested" painted on it

the long distance thing sucks though. good luck with that. maybe investigate the next time you have frequent flyer miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Honestly - in this scenario - I could see it both ways. I could see her doing this because she's interested in you but I could also see her doing it because she got along well with you and thinks it would be nice if this wasn't the last time you ever saw each other again - along with all the other people from the camping trip. If you are interested in her - I would give her a call and see where things go.

She voluntarily gave you her number. I agree with Dewdrop. I might have done it either because I thought you were cool and wanted to keep in touch or because I really liked you. That said, the first happened more when I was in my teens/early 20s. Now, I give my email address to guys I just want to keep in touch with as friends and I give my number to guys I'm actually interested in (and will say I'm interested) so there's no gray area. Never know until you call, hmm? Dooooo it.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 PM

219 posts, read 566,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Dude. It's six years. Really?
Based on when she graduated on her Facebook, she's 32. I'm 24, will be 25 in Dec.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:30 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
Based on when she graduated on her Facebook, she's 32. I'm 24, will be 25 in Dec.
I'm confused. She's not old enough? Or too old?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM

219 posts, read 566,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I'm confused. She's not old enough? Or too old?
I don't mind her age. In fact, I prefer it. I think SHE'LL mind (which I totally understand).

Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
She gave you her number. Call her up and see if you can get a read on her.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Call her. Good grief.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:59 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
Would you give your number to a guy w/o him asking, unless you were interested?

Basically, I was camping over the weekend, set up by my cousins and their friends. At the end, every participant was given a brown paper bag with their name on it. Over the course of the weekend, other campers would write nice things on slips of paper and put them in people's brown bags.

It wasn't mandatory.

The woman who I got along with best over the weekend, wrote that I had a "Warm, friendly, and open" personality, and said, "thanks for being you!" She ended with her name and number.

Am I reading too much into this? Unfortunately, she's 30 (I'm 24), and she lives 2k miles away.
That's a very kumbaya activity. I've never heard of adults doing something like that.

It sounds like she wanted to keep in touch, but the activity itself makes me wonder if she was not just really friendly. It's not like you were at a bar and she wrote her number on a napkin.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 PM

26 posts, read 63,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Either way it could mean sex. If she gave you her number she's into you. Cha Ching SEX with a capital X.

If she thinks you're gay you can tell her you're thinking of going straight and if she can help you with it. You're just not sure if you can because you're confused about your sexuality. Women love emotional **** like that. Just cry a little. Don't bawl like a baby. Just a single tear rolling down. Maybe get the lower lip to tremble slightly. Turn your head away like you're ashamed

All joking aside she probably finds you interesting. Call her up. Worse that happens is you get a friend out of it. And there is nothing with having friends.
If a guy I was interested said he was confused about his sexuality that would be the end of it. No joking aside.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:12 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
I wouldn't get invested in someone who lives 2000 miles away simply because we got along one weekend and she said I had a nice personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships