Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's an unfair assesment RomanInSF, if you're basing it solely on what you read in my message, well I can tell you that I'm basing what I wrote in my message on what I've heard from other females (mostly white) talking to each other, when I used to hang out at bars in the 1980's.

White, and African American females and others run away from men of all races for many reasons.
Just messing with you. No harm, no foul.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM

655 posts, read 2,202,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleword View Post
can i ask a divisive question "to" black men and woman without being ridiculed? okay here i go, if........god gave u a chance to be half black and half white, would u say "yes", or would say "no" and instead be full black? i know i know its a pointless question and if two ppl love one another then let nature take its course.
I'd be what I am...black

Old 12-24-2007, 04:54 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
This whole thread is disturbing and sad. Do you realize that the divorce rate in this country is like 50%? Maybe everyone should pay more attention to their own relationships instead of griping about everyone they see in the street.

I'm single (always have been -- never been married). I will consider myself very lucky to find someone to marry...no matter what his race. This has nothing to do with self-esteem, but with the rarity of young people who go into relationships with the right expectations.

Different strokes for different folks.
That's a healthy point of view, thank you for a refreshing take on what is, apparently, an age-old question .

We are ALL lucky if we find that right person, and when it comes down to race, does it really matter? Nope. What matters is the love; is it there?

If the answer is yes, then let your partner be white, black, yellow, red, whatever; just count yourself as one of the lucky ones who found IT.

And Happy Holidays to all!!

Last edited by hollygolightly; 12-24-2007 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-25-2007, 01:59 AM

130 posts, read 524,470 times
i guess my question should have been, is...... a lighter shade of black considered "more" attractive if u were black?

Old 12-25-2007, 09:10 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
Quote:
i guess my question should have been, is...... a lighter shade of black considered "more" attractive if u were black?
There is an old saying referring to color bias within the Black Community that goes something like this:

"Light and bright is all right. Black step back."

Old 12-25-2007, 11:22 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
It's called "colorism", and many races and cultures have a bias towards preferring people of lighter skin color. Google up "colorism" and there are a ton of articles about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorism
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/GiveMeABr...=548303&page=1
http://www.mysistahs.org/features/colorism.htm (broken link)
http://www.nbufront.org/html/FRONTalView/ArticlesPapers/Crawford_RacismColorismPower.html (broken link)

Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 PM

130 posts, read 524,470 times
im trying to figure out this whole......."black white thing." i just sit back and i see things and i notice things, and i just wonder what "they" are thinking?

wow, thanks for the info .

only "black" phrase i know is, "once u go black u dont come back."

Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM
miu

Other races prefer lighter skin, it's not just black people. In Japan and other Asian cultures, the use of skin lightening creams is popular. And from what my mom has told me, some of the prejudice comes from the fact that farmers and peasants were out in the fields getting dark tans from exposure to the sun. Whereas the richer or well educated people were staying indoors and staying paler. It's the same deal the fashion of having long fingernails. People doing manual labor would not be able to maintain long nails.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:56 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,653,285 times
Maybe Black Dudes like White Chicks cause they are Hot
Maybe White Dudes like Asian Chicks cause they are Hot too

Just a thought cause this White Dude likes Blondes

Old 12-25-2007, 03:06 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Maybe Black Dudes like White Chicks cause they are Hot
Maybe White Dudes like Asian Chicks cause they are Hot too

Just a thought cause this White Dude likes Blondes
But do you find ALL blondes hot looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships