Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Hell yeah it's ok to look. These women dress like that for a reason, they know what they're doing. They like the attention.
Yup yup yup. This thread is not only about yoga pants. It covers "very revealing" items. Women can be the 'queens of denial' all they want and it won't convince me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 AM

448 posts, read 764,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Who is talking about being professional? I did not think this was a thread about office attire.

People could always take responsibility for themselves and their own actions, and not blame others for causing them to "stare."
I'm talking about day to day and getting respect from people and whatnot. It seems to me anyway that she doesn't like how people assume she's a skank based on how she dresses, which is entirely her own doing. She wears yoga pants all the time, likes makeup, and doesn't mind showing some cleavage, she looks like the kind of girl that wants guys to be forward with her. In reality she doesn't.

And YES! Women need to understand that they can't be pissy when someone checks them out when they are wearing tight/skimpy clothing.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
No one is saying do not look. Just don't stare. Pretty huge and obvious difference that people seem to be ignoring.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM

448 posts, read 764,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No one is saying do not look. Just don't stare. Pretty huge and obvious difference that people seem to be ignoring.
You can't change everyone to meet your expectations though. People are still going to stare no matter what you say on here. Everyone knows that there are guys who are going to stare at T&A every time they get a chance. If you don't want that attention don't ask for it.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No. Staring is rude. Looking? Of course. Staring? No. Have some class.
You nor anyone else is qualified to dictate what class is to everyone else. So If a well endowed woman deliberately wears something that shows of her figure, since I did not dress her, then yes, I certainly have the right to indulge myself in an extended gaze, since there is no law to prohibit my admiration.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
You nor anyone else is qualified to dictate what class is to everyone else. So If a well endowed woman deliberately wears something that shows of her figure, since I did not dress her, then yes, I certainly have the right to indulge myself in an extended gaze, since there is no law to prohibit my admiration.

So you're claiming that staring is classy in that situation? Ok. No one said it isn't legal. Manners aren't about legal requirements.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
It's obvious you don't know any women with big chests. If your chest is big enough, EVERYTHING is revealing.

There is no defending the indefensible. Staring is rude, period. This is something everyone's mothers should have taught them long, long ago. If you stare at people, yes, those of us who were not raised in a barn can decide that you lack class.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
What's the difference between looking and staring? What kind of time frames are we talking about here?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
What's the difference between looking and staring? What kind of time frames are we talking about here?

Oh, come on. Really?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 AM

For those who need it spelled out (and it even mentions yoga pants):

A Simple Guide for Looking at Women on the Street: Glancing Vs. Staring

Staring is rude because it is predatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships