Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:32 PM

47 posts, read 62,104 times

Advertisements

I was just training this new hire at my job and this guy that sits across from me and has a crush on me stands up leans over the desk and is like "doesnt sound like your conversation is very work related" Like wth? Stay in your cubicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 12:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
He read some PUA site that said women are turned on by displays of dominance.

Your response is typical -- even though you were attracted to him before he did it, you are now wondering what is wrong with him, mentally and/or socially.

When guys pull PUA stunts and women sleep with them, we are sleeping with them despite their clueless behaviour, not because of it.

I think you should find a new crush. This guy is a douche.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM

448 posts, read 764,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnatashia1 View Post
I was just training this new hire at my job and this guy that sits across from me and has a crush on me stands up leans over the desk and is like "doesnt sound like your conversation is very work related" Like wth? Stay in your cubicle
I don't see how the title is related to your story. In anyway.

First off, if you make generalizations like "why do men ____?" you look like an idiot.
Secondly maybe he wants you to do your work rather than sit there and flirt with the new guy, that's understandable in my opinion. How do you know he has a crush on you anyway? Kind of sounds more like he doesn't like you IMO.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:55 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
he probably got tired of hearing your yappity yap, and felt compelled to say something? who knows, just ignore him and carry on with your work.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
"Why do men feel like everything is theirs?"

They don't.

If you are having trouble with one guy, why blame them all?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Aw yeah. One dude giving ya fits and now the whole gender of man has the same problem.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Default Why do men feel like everything is theirs?

Cause it is.

Least in my house!

Finders keepers is always a good rule to follow.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:18 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
He read some PUA site that said women are turned on by displays of dominance.

Your response is typical -- even though you were attracted to him before he did it, you are now wondering what is wrong with him, mentally and/or socially.

When guys pull PUA stunts and women sleep with them, we are sleeping with them despite their clueless behaviour, not because of it.

I think you should find a new crush. This guy is a douche.
I think the guy has the crush on her, not the other way around. I don't think it was any PUA nonsense either. Like someone else said, she was probably yapping away so he said something and she probably didn't like it. There are times co-workers start to chat and it ends up going on for 30 minutes, which can get distracting.

I still don't get the correlation between the title and the OP's actual post.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnatashia1 View Post
His actions may have been his way of including himself in your conversation with the new employee. Not necessarily a reason to think that he was trying to take over. I would also find it annoying, and believe women are also guilty of this as well.

Cubicles should be renamed cells....hate them.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:30 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Don't let him see you post on City-Data at work. And like the others said, don't let a bad apple spoil the bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships