Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busse_Reeve View Post
lol

That must have been embarrassing at first for him. Funny though and totally normal. One thing you might not know about men ladies, if you are peeing and sneeze, you stop peeing until you are finished sneezing...........right guys?
That's like the opposite of what happens when you are pregnant!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 07:51 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,875 times
Meh, pretty early on. In fact the poop barrier with my hubs and I was crossed on one of our first dates - we had a rather "bad" meal that put both of us literally on the crapper when we got back to his house.

That broke the ice, and since then, the fact we poop is something we're both so comfortable with, we joke about it & it's second nature. Of course, I've always been fairly open about that anyway. I've never had any qualms about saying something like "back in a minute babe, gotta poop". I'm weird, I know. But for us, that level of comfort actually helps intimacy, for some couples, I think it would hurt it.

Same for burping/farting etc - never was a big deal. We don't do it in mixed company, but around just us, or the kids, sure. That said it's a fine line - we are raising our kids to know that there are times it's not appropriate, which is pretty much any social setting whatsoever outside the immediate family or their own friends, etc.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Whaaat??

I hold in 80% of everything and therefore should be one big walking gas pocket, but aren't. I think ...

I don't think any bf has ever heard me fart or burp. At least not when I am awake
Oh, you're the one that goes "pfffffffffffffttttttttttt" for the first 2 hours you're asleep, aren't you...

Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousElf View Post
Call me weird, but a girl who can burp and fart in my presence...well, it's like foreplay, it's a demonstration of comfort with me.
I've heard men say that. My husband included.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,184,262 times
My DH appreciates a loud BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRP through my burps.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
When you give him a warning.
I was dating this guy in college, and for some reason, had one of those days where I'd been having major gas pains, but nothing was coming out. Probably from eating too much crappy college food.

I went to my boyfriend's dorm and basically said "babe, I'm just going to warn you now. I have gas, and my stomach hurts like hell, so if I feel a fart coming, it's coming out and I'm not going to run away before it happens.

It happened, several times that night. Much to my boyfriend's amusement. He never let me live it down.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:14 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times
I say get it out there all in the open from day one.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
After giving birth I don't give a second thought to any of that stuff. My body grew a person and it busted out of me in a spread-eagled wave of blood and snot. Burp away, I don't care.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I was dating this guy in college, and for some reason, had one of those days where I'd been having major gas pains, but nothing was coming out. Probably from eating too much crappy college food.

I went to my boyfriend's dorm and basically said "babe, I'm just going to warn you now. I have gas, and my stomach hurts like hell, so if I feel a fart coming, it's coming out and I'm not going to run away before it happens.

It happened, several times that night. Much to my boyfriend's amusement. He never let me live it down.
Lol I hate when that happens.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,239 times
My wife tries to be reasonably discreet, but it's not a big deal to me if she burps or farts. It happens. Same the other way around.

As far as going poop...well, we don't advertise it, but it's not as if my wife makes any point to hide it from me - usually I know when she's pooping and she knows when I am. If she has to go #1, she specifically says she has to go pee. If it's #2 - she usually just says "I have to go to the bathroom" etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships