Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 PM

377 posts, read 620,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSant View Post
If it´s indeed true you´re not upset about not having a girlfriend, if you aren´t lying to yourself, then don´t mind what people say.You can´t stop them from wondering/asking/saying something, but you can choose how you react to it.

Live your life the way you want it.. whatever you do, there will always be someone who is negative about it..if you aren´t dating, some will ask when you´re getting a girlfriend/boyfriend, if you´re dating, some will keep bothering you about "when´s the engagement/marriage", if you´re married but don´t have children, people will start asking, not taking into account the possibility that the person in question may not want it..and on and on.

Really, as long as you´re happy about the way things are currently going, let them wonder and go live your life, it´s too short for you to mold it around other people´s wishes.
Solid and wise post, thanks a lot. If only people in real life were as mature as those on here, I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't think I'll ever meet another woman face to face who is interest in me. That's OK, I can still make entire rooms full of women laughing hysterically.
i don't understand how you can be socially gifted yet find it challenging to women be attracted to you.

i'm no justin bieber either, but my "personality", confidence, and entertaining conversations seem to make all the difference in getting the attention of women, and me into their pants.

my guess is that you are not focusing on improving your short comings from being an engaging and entertaining person to touching/kino escalate as the PUAs say. or maybe there are some other insecurities at play that may be affecting you too.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Default People are starting to think you're gay...

Yes, they do.

It may be wrong, but, yes, yes, they do.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:27 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
i don't understand how you can be socially gifted yet find it challenging to women be attracted to you.

i'm no justin bieber either, but my "personality", confidence, and entertaining conversations seem to make all the difference in getting the attention of women, and me into their pants.

my guess is that you are not focusing on improving your short comings from being an engaging and entertaining person to touching/kino escalate as the PUAs say. or maybe there are some other insecurities at play that may be affecting you too.
Nope. I'm not going to dig into the PUA jargon, as I don't care to read up on that stuff.

It's a combination of a lot of things coupled with the fact that I do not get many opportunities to "charm" women.

I did this on Sunday at a barber shop that was full of women, but they were all married. I had my "stylist" having to take breaks from shaving my head because she couldn't breathe, and the other stylists around her were having to stop from laughing hard, too.

I just paid attention to there conversation and chimed in with something witty and everything I said from there was like having a golden tongue. It's honestly not that hard to do if you pay attention.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,184 times
wel you have a talent, whether naturally or learned. whether you can move that into charming a woman's pants off seems to be within you discretion. just trying to share some insight with you. don't be your won greatest obstacle or engage in self-sabatoging thoughts. just my 2 cents.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM

134 posts, read 214,188 times
I'm 24 and never had a girlfriend.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:48 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Solid and wise post, thanks a lot. If only people in real life were as mature as those on here, I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
If you are really okay with yourself, then you don't have a problem.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
invest some money in cosmetic surgery. welcome to modern dating. you know how women find it acceptable to have breast implants to improve their self esteem and imagine? what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

but it sounds like may just be interested in changing other ppl's expectations and opinions of you. not going to happen bro. ppl naturally expect others to pair bond and mate. i'm sure you came across that some where in you academic studies.

i am a believer that one of the reasons we exist and experience this journey called life is to learn from dealing with and handling the challeges we are presented. seems like this one is a tough nut for your to crack. good luck.
When I was younger back in my late teens, I was always thinking about getting cosmetic procedures but didn't have the money to go through with it. Also, the risk of coming out looking more freakish (which is high) and added with the stigma of cosmetic surgery ended up forgetting about it. Now, even though I can easily afford it and even if the rates of procedures going wrong was low, I'd still wouldn't do it. I've suppressed my desires for so long that I no longer have them. A sort of induced asexuality if you will.

As for encountering this during my academic studies, I never did mainly because most of the guys in my major were in the same position I was in when it came to romantic relationships. You could probably guess what I majored in based on that alone.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I'm 28 year old, have a PhD, have a good job that pays me well and for the most part I'm happy with my and content with my life for the first time in my life. Recently, though, people such as my close and extended family and colleagues are starting to wonder if I'm gay or not because I've never been in a relationship. How is it they can't figure out the true reason I've never had a woman interested in me? My freakishly ugly face, of course. That is not an exaggeration, and in fact, I was ridiculed and bullied over my freakish looks throughout elementary and middle school.

Why is it some people just can never understand that some people were just never meant to have relationships in general? I've personally never had friends either for the most part, mostly acquaintances as I really withdrew socially during the torment I suffered in my formative years. I tried telling my older brother the real reason (he's actually good looking and has always been popular with women), and he told me it's a, and I quote, "retarded excuse" then proceeded to feed me the generic nonsense of "It's all about confidence. Just put yourself out there and you'll find her". This is what I believe the responses of the other people who are "wondering" will also be. It's like they simply can't conceive that some people just aren't designed by nature to be appealing to the opposite sex.

Sounds depressing to most I'm sure, but I'm actually not depressed about it. I've learned to accept it many years ago, and I actually live a decent and fulfilling life for the most part.
If you're happy with your life, why does it matter what other people think of you?

This topic insists projecting, or you just thought of a random point and needed to voice your concern. Which is it? Are you gay or are you lonely?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
If you're happy with your life, why does it matter what other people think of you?

This topic insists projecting, or you just thought of a random point and needed to voice your concern. Which is it? Are you gay or are you lonely?
Because what people think of you affects your job prospects, promotions, networking opportunities, and life in general. We all like to think being gay is accepted in today's society, but it's really not based on my observations, especially in offices where the workers are older and generally more conservative than average.

If being gay wasn't a problem to some, people wouldn't be inquiring about my relationships or lack thereof. At most, they'd ponder it in their own heads and that would be the end of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships