Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So... how does it go?
I'm female and we all want the same guy. 2 3.77%
I'm female and we want different guys, mostly. 23 43.40%
I'm male and we all want the same chick. 6 11.32%
I'm male and we want different chicks, mostly. 22 41.51%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
For the ladies:

Imagine you and a few female friends are looking at a group of 10 guys. Not celebrities, just normal guys, around your age. Looking at them and talking about which of them you would date and/or bang. Don't try to tell me you don't do this .

Do you and your friends agree on who? Do you all want the same guy, as your first choice? Or do you want different guys, and laugh over each other's choices?

For me and my friends, it's the second one -- we want different guys. Although we might agree on some of the 'no way' ones.

Men can answer too: The assumption around here seems to be that you all agree on who is hottest. But is that true?
I 'think' that the point of the other thread was not that all women find the same ONE guy super attractive. It's that while the 'hotties' may vary from woman to woman, they all come from the same stock.

Or, the other way you could look at it is that the 'no ways' are the same between all women.

Personally, I would love it if you were right and somebody found everybody hot, but it hasn't been my experience by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 09:44 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I 'think' that the point of the other thread was not that all women find the same ONE guy super attractive. It's that while the 'hotties' may vary from woman to woman, they all come from the same stock.

Or, the other way you could look at it is that the 'no ways' are the same between all women.

Personally, I would love it if you were right and somebody found everybody hot, but it hasn't been my experience by a long shot.
Yeah just because one women finds a good looking tall dark haired guy hot and the other finds a tall blond hair blue eyes guy hot doesnt mean womens tastes are that varied or that they swoon over mediocre or unattractive men

Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
I have extremely different taste than most every other woman/friend than I've ever known.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM

448 posts, read 764,214 times
Going against the grain here I'm going to say that as a guy when I'm with my friends we all have similar enough tastes that we can generally agree if a woman is hot or not. Beyond that it gets increasingly more personal. Its not that we all want the exact same girl we can get a pretty good trend going though and can say that a Victoria's secret model that is intelligent and relaxed would be very desirable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say although all women don't want the exact same guy there is probably a trend of traits most women can agree on.

I do know one man who is a total outlier though and I'm actually a little jealous he's into what he's into. He gets all of his type of girl with zero competition and really seems to be into it. I'm just in no way attracted to that.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
The point I was trying to make in my thread is that men are attracted to any sufficiently attractive woman (usually a 6.5 or above) while women are only attracted to the most attractive man who the other women are attracted to.

That's not even close to being true dude..

Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
Going against the grain here I'm going to say that as a guy when I'm with my friends we all have similar enough tastes that we can generally agree if a woman is hot or not. Beyond that it gets increasingly more personal. Its not that we all want the exact same girl we can get a pretty good trend going though and can say that a Victoria's secret model that is intelligent and relaxed would be very desirable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say although all women don't want the exact same guy there is probably a trend of traits most women can agree on.

I do know one man who is a total outlier though and I'm actually a little jealous he's into what he's into. He gets all of his type of girl with zero competition and really seems to be into it. I'm just in no way attracted to that.

Some people are flat out ugly and can't be helped regardless of what person is looking. Some people are hot enough that pretty much anyone that looks at them will find them hot. All the rest of the people are put in the chopping block and are found attractive of different levels by different people.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Yes... and they are never based on looks. They are based on scariness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah just because one women finds a good looking tall dark haired guy hot and the other finds a tall blond hair blue eyes guy hot doesnt mean womens tastes are that varied or that they swoon over mediocre or unattractive men
But that's not how it works, not at all.

In the example from the OP, a group of women looking at 10 men, at most one of the women will pick the handsome guy. In my experience. Most women just don't go for handsome. Or tall. One woman picks the guy with a star trek tshirt, because she is a gamer. One picks the goth one, one picks the foodie...

Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yes... and they are never based on looks. They are based on scariness.

But that's not how it works, not at all.

In the example from the OP, a group of women looking at 10 men, at most one of the women will pick the handsome guy. In my experience. Most women just don't go for handsome. Or tall. One woman picks the guy with a star trek tshirt, because she is a gamer. One picks the goth one, one picks the foodie...
lol i dont see it that way at all..My good looking male friend has pretty much been crushed on or at least said hes good looking but basically any women in our social circle and that ive seen him socialize with.Womens tasstes arent tha tdifferent some just cant get that handsome guy so they settle for what they can get

Old 10-23-2013, 10:19 PM

448 posts, read 764,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Some people are flat out ugly and can't be helped regardless of what person is looking. Some people are hot enough that pretty much anyone that looks at them will find them hot. All the rest of the people are put in the chopping block and are found attractive of different levels by different people.
Right, I don't disagree with that. Maybe I missed the point of the poll but I thought it was trying to figure out if its possible to make somewhat generalized statements about what men and women like.

With that fashion throws a whole other variable into this, I was just talking physically. If you try to include hair styles, amounts of makeup, and types of clothes no one is going to agree on anything. I like the thick rim glasses no makeup fake hipster girl look and a lot of people don't, but the girl wearing those things probably has some semi universal level of appeal.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
Right, I don't disagree with that. Maybe I missed the point of the poll but I thought it was trying to figure out if its possible to make somewhat generalized statements about what men and women like.

With that fashion throws a whole other variable into this, I was just talking physically. If you try to include hair styles, amounts of makeup, and types of clothes no one is going to agree on anything. I like the thick rim glasses no makeup fake hipster girl look and a lot of people don't, but the girl wearing those things probably has some semi universal level of appeal.
I think the poll was to look further into this hypothesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships