Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
I completely disagree with that. Women are way more concerned about what their friends will think about who they're dating.
Maybe if she's in middle school or high school or on a Disney channel teen-bopper sitcom... What mature adult really gives a hoot what others think about who they date? I sure don't. And what mature adult has friends that care (unless they think their friend will get hurt).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:40 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Maybe if she's in high school or on a Disney channel teen-bopper sitcom... What mature adult really gives a hoot what others think about who they date? I sure don't. And what mature adult has friends that care (unless they think their friend will get hurt).
you speak the truth... but even among adults you have lots of busy bodies.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
When I look back at my dating life I remember some terrible relationships with some beautiful women. Someone told me it was called the Princess Syndrome. Where very beautiful women can be cold, poor conversationalists, moody, shallow, and unreasonable and still have guys who would love to have a dating relationship with them. The guys put up with their many personal flaws because the woman is just so physically beautiful and sexy and being with her gives them physical pleasure and lots of envy and positive reinforcement by friends and family. Your status is 100% better because you are with such a hot girl.

Men, have you been in a romantic relationship with a woman that was wrong but you stuck around because she was so beautiful or sexy?

Women: Do you think there are many of you who stick with the wrong man because he is so handsome, masculine and sexy?

Which gender is more guilty of hooking up with someone wrong for them due to physical attraction?
Oh sure. It's silly when I look back and think of how I let 'Mini-me' handle my choices with women. I am supposedly mature now, but it's even sillier when occasionally I still let a shallow hottie distract me. So I guess I will always be biologically male, [lol] which is very enjoyable, thanks to intelligent mature women. But I do know plenty of grown men who seem to have only one objective in life; to gain the attention and eventual copulation with women. And usually they cast all logic and reason aside to achive this. Soon the beauty realizes her advantage and exploits it over time, leaving the gullible goof groveling in grief. [women have suffered this way too].

Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Beautiful or ugly .divorce cost the same.
A woman that knows she is popular in appearance usually will abuse it, and in frustration both from guys getting tired of it and news traveling fast, she is reduced to finding any thing that will take her.
But unless she changes her attitude, that won't last either. Watched it over and over.
A woman that realizes she will look like her mother some day , usually put's more effort into her personality, knowing that is what is going to sustain a relationship in the long run. These are very rare , and valuable.
Finding a lasting relationship among the wealthy is doubily hard.
Guys want money to attract ,
women looking for money to take.
Some use pregnancy to entrap ,but for these they simply become a baby factory that state picks up the tab.
Thus the liberals reasoning for abortion rather than responsibility. So both baby factory and abortion are both out of hand.
Looking for a lasting relationship with a beautiful woman takes some one that knows the meaning of commitment and honesty , honestly thinking as well, practical.
Beauty includes personality .
If it's just physical beauty and sex a man wants , one can get that from a Real Doll . It's cheaper.
Want companionship get a dog.
Most of my friends are not swayed by looks , skittish of con artists.
I don't hate any one ,but there are only few in this world I trust.

Last edited by arleigh; 10-24-2013 at 10:52 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 10:12 AM

428 posts, read 445,599 times
Yeah, I have before. But then again, I'm not a quitter. lol Only after they nearly kill me I break it off. lmao Maybe not even then. hahaha

Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:

Women: Do you think there are many of you who stick with the wrong man because he is so handsome, masculine and sexy?
Speaking for myself. I happen to think the men I have been involved with were sexy or handsome to me. I've never been involved with anyone who was truly wrong for me. Hell, my ex-husband and I get along pretty well and are fairly compatible. It's never really been a compatibility issue for me, as far as things not working out. The circumstances were just not ideal.

I would and could not get involved with a man who was just something nice to ogle. I have passed up dozens of traditionally good-looking men when I was in the dating scene because there was no emotional and intellectual compatibility. Yes, physical attraction is important, but it's the intellectual and emotional connection that sustains the relationship. If there is little in the way of intellectual compatibility, I lose interest extremely quickly. Practically instantly.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Women do this every day.

The difference is, for women the attraction is not usually based on looks (or money, or status).

But every woman I know has had at least one relationship that she stayed in for too long, because of sexual attraction Maybe he had a great peen, or was good in bed, or smelled biochemically compatible, or had just the right wry smile....

Old 10-24-2013, 11:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The crap men and women are willing to put up with for a pretty/handsome face is hilarious when you think about it.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
When I look back at my dating life I remember some terrible relationships with some beautiful women. Someone told me it was called the Princess Syndrome. Where very beautiful women can be cold, poor conversationalists, moody, shallow, and unreasonable and still have guys who would love to have a dating relationship with them. The guys put up with their many personal flaws because the woman is just so physically beautiful and sexy and being with her gives them physical pleasure and lots of envy and positive reinforcement by friends and family. Your status is 100% better because you are with such a hot girl.

Men, have you been in a romantic relationship with a woman that was wrong but you stuck around because she was so beautiful or sexy?

Which gender is more guilty of hooking up with someone wrong for them due to physical attraction?
I'm reading this scenario and I can't help but LOL!!!.

To be honest, I can't really say which sex is more guilty. My experience seems to point to the idea that relationships are where looks matter the least. Other areas of life are where looks matter just a little more. Job search and shopping and other general social activities are where looks seem to matter more.

I do admit, I would find myself a little weak when it comes to a woman who wanted to be with me. I'm sure physical attraction plays a factor in this.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Hands down, men are more often guilty of this, and for exactly the reasons you say: they want to be envied by their friends.

I've never done this, but I know men who have, and it is frustrating. I have seen close friends of mine put up with horrendous abuse, including theft and physical violence, from women just because they were so "hot." Frankly, I think it makes them look pathetic.
Pathetic, in the lowest form possible.

Being envied by friends is not a good reason to be with someone. A person should want to be with someone because that person wants to be with that person. It is not good to use someone for as a tool for social status.

If this really is the case, then it is no wonder these guys have trouble with women.

It's really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships