Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:56 PM

511 posts, read 799,550 times

Advertisements

It looks like I've totally blown it with a girl who seemed super interested in me all because of one question I ask.

We were planning out our 2nd date to just hang out and have a Walking Dead marathon. She wanted to do it at my place. I don't mind having women over, but the only thing I don't like is I have no control on when the date ends. I can't just say ok, time for you to leave.

So she asked via text what time to meet, and I suggested 12 noon.

Her reply: ok

Then I asked if she would mind if we ended the date around 4 or 5ish as I had errands to run later.

Her response was basically since I was so busy we could meet another time. No more communication after that. I'm not sure if this is anything I can say to repair the damage with the kind of angry response.

I don't think my request was that unreasonable, and if she had asked me the same thing, I wouldn't get mad, or certainly just end everything over a single disagreement It's surprising because she has been extremely sweet and laid back until now, but sometimes the sweet girls are the ones who can turn on a dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 01:58 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Um, 4-5 hours for a second date? At your place? I think you are giving her more than enough time and putting more than enough effort into it considering its only date #2.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
I don't know. Suggesting a Saturday afternoon date that ends at 4 p.m. because you have stuff to do later kind of makes it sound like you just want to be friends. Rightly or wrongly, a movie date at someone's house is often shorthand for taking things to a physical level (maybe not sleeping together on date 2, but something, at least,) which ending the date early doesn't leave a lot of room for. If you want to salvage things, maybe ask her out on a more traditional date date.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:03 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Walking Dead marathon ....second date......leave at 4 or 5.....

I cant imagine anything more you could have added to make anyone less interested in you. Maybe bring your own popcorn and drinks.

But that is just me.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM

181 posts, read 192,250 times
Unintentially but you came off looking like you are not that interested in her. Think about it, if you are thinking about ending the date and what you are going to do afterwards before even starting the date, what does that tell you.

Text her and tell her that it was not intentional and that you truly want to spend some QUALITY TIME with her and re-schedule it without specifying when the date will end. That's all.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know. Suggesting a Saturday afternoon date that ends at 4 because you have stuff to do later kind of makes it sound like you just want to be friends. If you want to salvage things, maybe ask her out on a more traditional date date.

^^^This.

A mid-Saturday afternoon date that ends because of "errands" may give the impression that you have a date with someone else later that evening.

If you're worried about her staying too long, I would have suggested an evening date for 4-5 hours that would end at a reasonable time of night when people would normally go home and go to bed.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
This post is funny!! ^^^

I think it's best you end it.

That big a deal to ask for an ending time? Sheesh!!!

Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,370,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
We were planning out our 2nd date to just hang out and have a Walking Dead marathon.
I wonder if you & she had different ideas/expectation of what a "marathon" session of watching a tv program meant ?
Maybe to her, that implied more time than 4-5 hours (maybe 7-8 or more), but to you it only implied viewing a handful of episodes ?
There was nothing inherently problematic in what you said, which is why I'm guessing there was unspoken incongruence between each of your definitions.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Wow, I don't feel this way at all.

Offering to open your home to someone and offering 4-5 hours of your time does not sound off-putting to me.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Unintentially but you came off looking like you are not that interested in her. Think about it, if you are thinking about ending the date and what you are going to do afterwards before even starting the date, what does that tell you.

Text her and tell her that it was not intentional and that you truly want to spend some QUALITY TIME with her and re-schedule it without specifying when the date will end. That's all.
This is how I read it too. It just seems like he's not that interested in spending time with her and that it's almost a hassle to have to make time in his day to see her. He wants to see her on his terms and his terms only (his house, gone by a certain time). She also could have read it as he just wants to hook up and that it needs to be done in a specific time frame.

Or maybe she thinks you have important stuff to do and doesn't want to be an imposition. Personally, if someone had a time limit on how long they wanted to spend with me I'd assume they weren't that interested in me in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships