Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Except it is about you because you are virtually obsessed with making judgmental statements about the same type of people multiple, multiple times. Every other post you make seemingly is about a topic like this. (This is of course when you're not tossing out tired welfare cliches in political posts.)

You're also obsessed with TWO AND ONLY TWO criteria for a date-able man...dozens of nearly identical posts saying as much. Who are you trying to convince? Methinks your obsessive repetition is a means to help you overlook your BF's significant shortcomings and lack of a future for you both.
Of course I am judgmental about these types of men everyone should be. I have a future with my childless boyfriend but that is not your business and not related to this thread as he is too decent of a man to have gotten a woman pregnant without supporting her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 05:44 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Of course I am judgmental about these types of men everyone should be. I have a future with my childless boyfriend but that is not your business and not related to this thread as he is too decent of a man to have gotten a woman pregnant without supporting her.
The pious catholic speaketh.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:59 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I wouldn't, even if I disliked children.

That is a person who abandoned an innocent when he has a responsibility to that child. I wouldn't trust him not to do the same to me. Which wouldn't matter, I have zero respect for people who do this.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2013, 06:08 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I just want to point out that there are different types and levels of "abandonment." I think what we are really talking about are men who put their own wants and needs ahead of their children's, and this can take many forms--monetarily, emotionally and with regard to being generous with their time.

Many men justify this by making it about their ex instead of the children they share.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Knowingly abandoned his kid(s) and in no way supports them? No, I would not. I can't date someone I don't respect.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Isn`t this on the same subject matter as the adoption thread?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Not as bad as aborting their kid.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
I know a mother who abandoned her 3 Children. I'm not sure if they were adopted out or went to other family members but it may have been a good thing as I think she went nuts.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Well, guess will give my same opinion on this thread as I did the adoption one, since they are so alike.
I would want to know why? Why was this child abandoned? Did you just have it, and leave it on a door step to a church? Did you take it the hospital? Did you throw him/her in the trash cans out back?
Maybe you just left her/him with your Mom to raise, so you could be free!
There are many reasons people feel the need to do this..some are understandable, and some are sick!
There are couples out there, that want nothing more than to get on with their lives with a baby or child to complete them. Infertility hurts so much!
Please consider adoption!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 PM

878 posts, read 942,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Would you ever date someone who abandoned their kid? I once went on a date with as guy I later found out abandoned his pregnant girlfriend. He has never had anything to do with the kid he has and this is disgusting to me. To me abandoning the kids is lower and yes I include not paying child support.
I'd never date a woman who ever had a kid, period. Ever. <puke />
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships