Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Would you ever date someone who abandoned their kid? I once went on a date with as guy I later found out abandoned his pregnant girlfriend. He has never had anything to do with the kid he has and this is disgusting to me. To me abandoning the kids is lower and yes I include not paying child support.
I agree with you that a guy who dosnt support there children is not a man. But i also know deadbeat mothers who have self rightously decided on there own right to say your no longer a part of your childs life because i have new boyfriend or etc. Or decided that its easier to be a single mom then to be unselfish and work something out with juniors father. My point is its to easy to cast one as bad when its pc. Ive known guys who have been responsible and payed all there support and hardly seen there kids, even with a valid court order. I personally sometimes want to cut those guys slack because the responsible of parenting is more then sending a check. Sorry about hijack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 PM

428 posts, read 445,517 times
I dated a woman who her HUSBAND, or ex for that matter abandoned his two kids before. Does that still count? It ended up not working out due to her obsessive "find a daddy quick" issues. Had the bum still been in the picture and tried to pay something, it may have worked out. When I would be footing the bill completely while he is nowhere to be found...nah...not at 24 years old.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 PM

428 posts, read 445,517 times
Come to think of it, that's the only woman to stalk me...lol Everywhere I looked up, there she was. lmao

She wanted "it" bad! hahahaha

Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't, even if I disliked children.

That is a person who abandoned an innocent when he has a responsibility to that child. I wouldn't trust him not to do the same to me. Which wouldn't matter, I have zero respect for people who do this.
I suspect a man like this would do it again and I wouldn't trust him. I've known a few women who got pregnant by these types of men thinking he would stick with them and they never do.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Isn`t this on the same subject matter as the adoption thread?
Not really because in this case the woman is raising the kid with no involvement from dad.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I agree with you that a guy who dosnt support there children is not a man. But i also know deadbeat mothers who have self rightously decided on there own right to say your no longer a part of your childs life because i have new boyfriend or etc. Or decided that its easier to be a single mom then to be unselfish and work something out with juniors father. My point is its to easy to cast one as bad when its pc. Ive known guys who have been responsible and payed all there support and hardly seen there kids, even with a valid court order. I personally sometimes want to cut those guys slack because the responsible of parenting is more then sending a check. Sorry about hijack.
Me too and in those cases the dads are victims. I don't see that case that much though.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:26 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
I'd never date a woman who ever had a kid, period. Ever. <puke />
Hope you don't find yourself single in your 40s, 50s or 60s and looking for a partner. There will be much puking!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:38 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Absolutely not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Would you ever date someone who abandoned their kid? I once went on a date with as guy I later found out abandoned his pregnant girlfriend. He has never had anything to do with the kid he has and this is disgusting to me. To me abandoning the kids is lower and yes I include not paying child support.
There is nothing lower than a man who abandons a kid, except a man who abuses one. Run away from this loser faster than Usain Bolt.

Frankly, he should be arrested.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:52 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
No I would not.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 AM

878 posts, read 942,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Hope you don't find yourself single in your 40s, 50s or 60s and looking for a partner. There will be much puking!
I did. Had no problem. Been with her for 13 years. You'd be surprised how many people my age (59) have no kids. Based on the whining from pronatalists, you'd think the die-off had begun. Instead, the population is still exploding.

I would rather die alone than be involved with a parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships