Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,976,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you ask most of the 40+ men on here who have dating and relationship experience, they will tell you that the women their age they are attracted to have something like a "glow" or a presence that is insanely more appealing than women half their age. And it has nothing to do with skin tone, body tone, wrinkles or boob size.
none of the forty+ men i am close friends with - and there are many - try to sell me on some nonsense about how they find generally fifty year old women more attractive than twenty eight year olds

they might mention how much they love their wife, or couldn't imagine seriously dating a woman the same age as their daughter, or bemoan how young women can act irresponsibly, or have realistic views of who they can date and are likely to have a good relationship with. but none of these are the same as attractiveness

Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
Quote:
Fortunately, women in their 40s and 50s can date and find mutual attraction with men in their 40s and 50s, and no one thinks they are "missing out" on anything. You will understand when you are older. Maybe.
That is fortunate, indeed. What is unfortunate, that same men in the 40s and 50s only wish they had/believed to have what it takes to date the women they really find attractive, as in 18-24 year olds. As it is, they settle for 40 and 50 year olds, because thats the best they can do. Thats the truth.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
That is fortunate, indeed. What is unfortunate, that same men in the 40s and 50s only wish they had/believed to have what it takes to date the women they really find attractive, as in 18-24 year olds. As it is, they settle for 40 and 50 year olds, because thats the best they can do. Thats the truth.
You're with a woman in her 30s. Does that means you don't have what it takes to date someone you "really find attractive"?

Old 10-25-2013, 06:52 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
none of the forty+ men i am close friends with - and there are many - try to sell me on some nonsense about how they find generally fifty year old women more attractive than twenty eight year olds

they might mention how much they love their wife, or couldn't imagine seriously dating a woman the same age as their daughter, or bemoan how young women can act irresponsibly, or have realistic views of who they can date and are likely to have a good relationship with. but none of these are the same as attractiveness
Well, that's pretty much a given. A 50 year old woman is not going to have that bloom of youth of a 20-something. Neither do men.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You're with a woman in her 30s. Does that means you don't have what it takes to date someone you "really find attractive"?
Yup. That's the truth. It's unfortunate but there it is.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've met plenty of women who were neither underweight or obese but look better entering their 30s.
a lot of this revolves around how we define "looking better". i've had women tell me things like they like a few wrinkles around the eyes of a man.

and when i look in the mirror and see some wrinkles starting, i certainly don't think i look better. these sorts of things just look older to me. i would omit these features if i could

but certainly there are a lot of women who disagree

men just don't find such things attractive. or at least incredibly rarely. they might love the wrinkles around their wife's eyes or something like that due to a particular affection for a particular person. and most of us aren't stupid enough to say something like this to a woman starting to show these signs of aging. but, if we're being completely honest, very few of us would say something like they like the wrinkles around older women's eyes

older men are even sexualized. the first time i was called an "older man" by a woman i think i was twenty six and she was twenty two or so. pretty silly but it happened. how many of you gals were admiringly called an "older woman" at that age? would you have taken it as a compliment if you were? IME women in their late twenties strongly dislike being called "older"

Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, that's pretty much a given. A 50 year old woman is not going to have that bloom of youth of a 20-something. Neither do men.
of course not. but let's pretend we're strange gamblers

suppose i were to show a forty year old woman an attractive fifty year old man and an attractive twenty eight year old and ask her which she preferred. who would you wager on her choosing?

swap the genders. who would you wager on him choosing?

i know where the smart money is. i'm not going to win all the time but i'm certainly going to come out ahead

Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
and apparently they will have a "glow" which sounds even cooler than a "bloom"

Quote:
If you ask most of the 40+ men on here who have dating and relationship experience, they will tell you that the women their age they are attracted to have something like a "glow" or a presence that is insanely more appealing than women half their age. And it has nothing to do with skin tone, body tone, wrinkles or boob size.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
a lot of this revolves around how we define "looking better". i've had women tell me things like they like a few wrinkles around the eyes of a man.

and when i look in the mirror and see some wrinkles starting, i certainly don't think i look better. these sorts of things just look older to me. i would omit these features if i could

but certainly there are a lot of women who disagree

men just don't find such things attractive. or at least incredibly rarely. they might love the wrinkles around their wife's eyes or something like that due to a particular affection for a particular person. and most of us aren't stupid enough to say something like this to a woman starting to show these signs of aging. but, if we're being completely honest, very few of us would say something like they like the wrinkles around older women's eyes

older men are even sexualized. the first time i was called an "older man" by a woman i think i was twenty six and she was twenty two or so. pretty silly but it happened. how many of you gals were admiringly called an "older woman" at that age? would you have taken it as a compliment if you were? IME women in their late twenties strongly dislike being called "older"
I don't think I started getting any fine lines around my eyes until I was about 35 - right about the time I had my son (I can blame him). I have friends around my age - some of them started getting fine lines in their 20's - some still don't have any. That's why I think this whole "wall" thing at some specified age is so funny. Honestly, once people hit 18 or so - they ALL age so differently that I don't think you can really say what someone is supposed to look like. Many times, you can tell someone's age range based on other things - the way they dress, the way the are acting, hair and makeup, etc - but not necessarily just based on their natural looks alone.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Or they find a man to be a dork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.