Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times

Advertisements

Only overweight girl - overweight guy and skinny guy - skinny girl are equal pairs to compare.

And like you see the sickness of world, a skinny guy gets pity points for being skinny, poor guy.. And girls are pressured to be skinny before they are accepted as human beings. Nobody is sorry for womens unhealthy ways to keep them unhealty underweight.

To a woman --> the more bone the "better"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 04:05 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,907 times
The girls I know seem to almost exclusively like scrawny guys. Likewise, I'm starting to think that the idea some people have that fat women are at some huge disadvantage on the scene gives to much cultural weight to the perspective of upper middle class white people; looking at working class and minority communities, I see fat women doing no worse than the thin ones.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I've had to consider how short, thin guys would do, or at least short men who don't have that "bulldog" build. I'm 5'5" and I'm around 135-136 pounds. I'm 27, but I've been told I look as young as 20. I've actually never had a girlfriend in my whole life, so that might need to be considered.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:57 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
You could say the same about skinny guys, even though I feel there's almost no one who seems to be physically attracted to me. I'm skinny, young looking and wear glasses, so even though I have decent height and dark features, I look like a complete nerd. I could embrace it, and I do once I know someone. I don't think bringing it up and embracing it initially would be a great idea.
Nerd isn't a deal breaker, with me anyway. I have dated some big and tall dudes who were total nerds. My husband was mostly a metalhead when I met him with some nerd interests. He now wears glasses and has a regular nerd dominated job and looks like the part. No lie, I think it is hot.

I have to qualify my interest in big and tall men by saying I am an overweight woman and pretty much always have been (waffling between 170-190lbs, fat, but not half ton woman or something). Maybe if I were some skinny thing like my sister was when she met her very skinny now husband, I'd be more flexible about the preference. As it is though, I prefer men physically larger than I am in both height and weight.

Skinny guys can find women, there is someone out there for everyone. If you feel unattractive then that lack of confidence can turn some women that might have otherwise been interested off. If you really think your weight is holding you back, get a barrel of GNC's Weight Gain 4000 and head to the gym to bulk up a little bit. Who knows, you might meet someone there...

Old 11-24-2013, 07:04 PM

457 posts, read 604,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Only overweight girl - overweight guy and skinny guy - skinny girl are equal pairs to compare.

And like you see the sickness of world, a skinny guy gets pity points for being skinny, poor guy.. And girls are pressured to be skinny before they are accepted as human beings. Nobody is sorry for womens unhealthy ways to keep them unhealty underweight.

To a woman --> the more bone the "better"
Actually, in real life skinny guys do not get pity points. They get told they're lucky, when in reality I think they have it more difficult than overweight guys (assuming we're not talking about 6'0", 300lb men, just something like 20-50 lbs more than ideal).

Old 11-24-2013, 07:10 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Ok, this is meant to be a comparison thread of how difficult it is to date and/or to change your body if you are a skinny guy vs an overweight woman. This is coming from the perspective of a thin guy who has most likely inherited a freaky fast metabolism from his uncle (as I'll tell you his situation in a moment). First, I will say that people will always tell skinny people (guys and girls) to remedy the issue by just eating. That's all and well and fine if you're being supported by your parents and they are willing to support that at the time, but it is an expensive endeavor most likely. The exception would be protein shakes, which cluster tons of calories, and they are probably not as expensive as drinking tons of milk or other protein-oriented foods until you get the same effect. Then, because you lose calories so quickly, despite it being healthy, there is an urge to not be so active because it becomes more difficult to maintain those calories and maintain or increase your weight. It seems like everything has to be in excess. Bench press with high weights, eat in excess, sleep in excess (there are some people who have said ectomorphs need more sleep). There's just not enough time or energy in a day oftentimes to do so. My uncle was 6'1", 150lbs when he was around my age (23), is now up to 6'1", 165lbs, but he has consistently engorged himself with food all these years just to get to that weight in his 50s. Granted, he has been quite active (tennis and basketball player through the years). Still, people with a fast metabolism and a naturally skinny physique are rarely discussed in today's society, yet it is probably more difficult for them. It would not be good to have a really low metabolism either, but at least you can kill two birds with one stone by exercising frequently, and if you're disciplined, you can save money on food as a result of eating less, more energizing foods (since healthier foods are often more energizing). I eat a relatively healthy diet, but not a fattening one, but I may have to revert to a more fattening, carb dense diet in the coming years. Anyone else have thoughts?
No comparison at all.

Overweight people, be they male or female, have a much worse time than skinny people.

The reason is, people tend to associate being overweight with a host of bad personality traits. Overweight people are usually seen as lazy and undisciplined. The fact they are heavy "proves" they are undeserving of respect. No such stigma attached to skinny people.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:24 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
No comparison at all.

Overweight people, be they male or female, have a much worse time than skinny people.

The reason is, people tend to associate being overweight with a host of bad personality traits. Overweight people are usually seen as lazy and undisciplined. The fact they are heavy "proves" they are undeserving of respect. No such stigma attached to skinny people.
Perhaps that is the stigma with overweight persons. With very thin persons, particularly men, the stigma attached is that of being "weak" and "soft".

Old 11-24-2013, 07:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
i don't know. I call a lot of skinnier people lazy as sh*t all the damn time anymore. Eventually i just tell them to get out of the way and let the guys who want to do something have some more room to work.

Way too many lazy skinny guys in the world IMO.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
I have never heard of skinny being a bad thing for guy except on this forum. Where are you dudes getting this idea? Is this some PUA thing? (Everything mysteriously inaccurate around here seems to be...)

Old 11-24-2013, 07:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I have never heard of skinny being a bad thing for guy except on this forum. Where are you dudes getting this idea? Is this some PUA thing? (Everything mysteriously inaccurate around here seems to be...)
Why do you associate like every thing you disagree with to PUA?

i've never even heard of PUA until I joined this forum, and I still haven't read anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships