Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 10:52 AM

457 posts, read 601,700 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is meant to be a comparison thread of how difficult it is to date and/or to change your body if you are a skinny guy vs an overweight woman. This is coming from the perspective of a thin guy who has most likely inherited a freaky fast metabolism from his uncle (as I'll tell you his situation in a moment). First, I will say that people will always tell skinny people (guys and girls) to remedy the issue by just eating. That's all and well and fine if you're being supported by your parents and they are willing to support that at the time, but it is an expensive endeavor most likely. The exception would be protein shakes, which cluster tons of calories, and they are probably not as expensive as drinking tons of milk or other protein-oriented foods until you get the same effect. Then, because you lose calories so quickly, despite it being healthy, there is an urge to not be so active because it becomes more difficult to maintain those calories and maintain or increase your weight. It seems like everything has to be in excess. Bench press with high weights, eat in excess, sleep in excess (there are some people who have said ectomorphs need more sleep). There's just not enough time or energy in a day oftentimes to do so. My uncle was 6'1", 150lbs when he was around my age (23), is now up to 6'1", 165lbs, but he has consistently engorged himself with food all these years just to get to that weight in his 50s. Granted, he has been quite active (tennis and basketball player through the years). Still, people with a fast metabolism and a naturally skinny physique are rarely discussed in today's society, yet it is probably more difficult for them. It would not be good to have a really low metabolism either, but at least you can kill two birds with one stone by exercising frequently, and if you're disciplined, you can save money on food as a result of eating less, more energizing foods (since healthier foods are often more energizing). I eat a relatively healthy diet, but not a fattening one, but I may have to revert to a more fattening, carb dense diet in the coming years. Anyone else have thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 11:05 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,838,236 times
No comparison.

Overweight woman versus short guys.

Lots of women actually prefer skinny guys if they have adequate height.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,058,312 times
Does the losing side win a prize?

Old 10-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Does the losing side win a prize?
Not really, and I should have not separated these by gender either. I only did that because it seems the most self-conscious people are overweight females and skinny males. At least overweight males (not obese necessarily, but a bit overweight) will likely find women who enjoy cuddling with a bigger guy. I don't know why women would even want to be within close contact of myself.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
No comparison.

Overweight woman versus short guys.

Lots of women actually prefer skinny guys if they have adequate height.
Do you think women would find a guy who is 5'11" 130 pounds who looks about five years younger than his age of 23 attractive? I rarely even get smiles from women, and when I do I don't have the proper situation to strike up a convo.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,058,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Not really, and I should have not separated these by gender either. I only did that because it seems the most self-conscious people are overweight females and skinny males. At least overweight males (not obese necessarily, but a bit overweight) will likely find women who enjoy cuddling with a bigger guy. I don't know why women would even want to be within close contact of myself.
There are people of all shapes and sizes who find love. I don't really understand the point of the thread. My father was 6'2" and 135 pounds when he met my mom. Obviously, it wasn't an issue. I also know overweight women in relationships. Why not just work on your self esteem and stop trying to compare your situation to others. It doesn't help anything.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,143,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Do you think women would find a guy who is 5'11" 130 pounds who looks about five years younger than his age of 23 attractive? I rarely even get smiles from women, and when I do I don't have the proper situation to strike up a convo.
I think thin guys might have it worse in the US, simply because there are so many overweight people here that Americans have a skewed perception of what is and is not healthy. You're less than five pounds underweight, but in a nation where people think it's okay for someone who is 5'11" and NOT an athlete with serious muscle mass to be 200 pounds, you're going to be seen as unhealthy, even though just based on height and weight alone, you are not.

FWIW, I would not worry too much at this point if I were you. Judging by the pic someone else put on the internet, my guess is you do not look emaciated, but instead like a distance runner. Indeed, depending on your facial features and bone structure, you might be pretty hot. I'll go for a man's true face over a bloated, distorted one any day. For me face is really important.

Last edited by Lilac110; 10-26-2013 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: link

Old 10-26-2013, 12:05 PM

30,391 posts, read 21,633,223 times
"Skinny Guys vs Overweight Girls "
Skinny guys and overweight girls are a good fit. Two heavies, not so much.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Skinny Guys vs Overweight Girls "
Skinny guys and overweight girls are a good fit. Two heavies, not so much.
Although some overweight girls are cute, like many, it's not what tends to be attractive to me. It is true, though, that people tend to be attracted to what they don't have, which is why thinner, more feminine, females are attracted to big, manly men. However, I would say personality-wise, thin gals have more in common with thin guys and there is no reason they should shun a guy because they feel they need a manly man. Some thin guys are the nicest gentlemen, and isn't that part of being a 'man'?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,628,753 times
How much overweight ? 5-10 lbs ? I do a ton of outdoor things like run ,hike,do the mud run ,and golf things like that. I like to meet a girl that into the same so I do not have to those thing by myself.so she have to be able to keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships